2001 Holden Astra TS from Australia and New Zealand - Comments

5th Dec 2012, 03:56

Nothing like common sense... good job...

19th Dec 2013, 21:30

Have you found the cause of the power surges? I am having the same problem.

29th Dec 2013, 02:27

Hello, I have just bought a 2002 Holden Astra Equipe. I've done a few km, but so far only the issue I have is while idling it surges a bit, and when travelling around town at 50 or 60km/h, the check engine light comes on after 5-10 minutes.

But if I start her up and take it to the highway at 100km/h or 110, no check engine light comes on?

13th Jan 2014, 23:16

Did you end up finding the cause of this, because mine has the same issue and the mechanics can't find the problem.

Did yours have any issues with overheating also?

26th Apr 2014, 16:11

I had the same problem... paid a mechanic to fix it, but I could barely drive it home. So I fixed it myself... changed the spark plugs. Behind the O2 for the air filter (have a good look) there is a black little air line that needs to be reconnected. It will stop the surging and you will be able to start and drive your car again.

6th Jun 2014, 04:06

Hi there. I have a 2001 TS Holden Astra. The engine light is on, but she starts first go, drives fine till half temp, when the thermo fan kicks in, then it starts misfiring, loss of power, and it revs to about 2000 before it even moves. Can anyone maybe help me, or might have had a similar problem?

Thanks.

18th Jun 2014, 11:28

Hello. I bought a Holden Astra 2005 model, auto four door.

I was wondering if someone could help me? When I drive it, it gets stuck let's say in any gear it pleases. Some days it's fine and works like perfect, sometimes it doesn't go, and sometimes it just gets stuck in a gear.

I don't believe it's the gearbox, but maybe a switch inside it that controls the gears or something; not too sure about taking a guess, but any help will be highly appreciated...

18th Jun 2014, 20:19

If it's not shifting the way it should, you might want to start by getting the automatic gearbox serviced. Can you remember when the fluid was last drained and flushed, and the strainer cleaned?

9th Jul 2014, 04:52

I can't open the bonnet of my Holden Astra TS 2002. Have tried one person pulling the lever and another pushing on the bonnet; it just won't open. Any ideas as I need to replace a head light globe?

Add another comment