A nearly nice car
1) Slight coolant leak that gradually got worse to the point where it now needs the oil cooler replaced (Holden have quoted $2,000. Vauxhall would do this in the UK for 400gbp. Am I being ripped off?!?)
2) Drive shaft replaced, just out of warranty. Actually a recall item only picked up by a young apprentice obviously to the disgust of the head mechanic. They had to pay for half of it. Always noticed knocking from front when steering. Now I know why.
3) Hesitation when accelerating. Always questioned it of mechanic. Never fixed properly though.
4) One brake not working when handbrake on. Again, questioned of mechanic when under warranty. Ended up having to pay for it out of warranty. How could I prove this?
5) Adjustable headlamp stuck. Tried to get fixed under warranty. Never properly fixed. Had to pay for it out of warranty.
6) Power steering leaked out all fluid, nearly ruined power steering. Thankfully was fixed under warranty, reluctantly.
7) Squeak from driver seat made me feel like I was sitting on an old couch, rather than driving a euro sport saloon. Never properly fixed.
Unlike most other owners, I don't think this car was too bad. In terms of performance, comfort, economy, handling it's a nice car. The V6 has a nice roar and is silky smooth through to over 6,000rpm. Hatchback design means this car swallows up the luggage.
Shame about the oil cooler. This is obviously an inherent design flaw which judging by other reports on the web always seems to go just out of warranty.
I think because I regularly serviced it, it didn't give too much trouble, but I get the feeling the bills will start adding up soon.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 6th November, 2006