2002 Honda Accord Reviews - Page 10 of 13

2002 Honda Accord EX 2.3 150 HP 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 2.3 150 HP 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Should be recycled into Budweiser cans... as it's a leased car I will return it and walk away

At 2,700 nearly dropped the front end off the car. Thought my transmission was shot due to the terrible "clunking noise" in the front of the vehicle. Turns out the entire front end needed to be retourqued.

Plastic bumper is wafer thin... mysterious hole below fog light yet not a scratch on the car, possibly a stone kicked up from a tractor trailer shot right through it, though I think it was a sand truck I was following that is the culprit.

Car tends to pull to the right when braking... as this is a lease I refuse to spend money on this type of problem... next owner can deal with it.

Tire wear was very quick on a set of Michelin speed rated tires... at 24,800 they almost need replacing (less than 3 years). Set of tires is $420.

General Comments:

Still like the body style of the car as I think it is one of the prettiest 2 door cars on the road... but for $23,200 its not the Honda Quality that I expected... Will lease from another manufacturer next time.

Review Date: 7th September, 2004

16th Jun 2006, 12:15

If your car is pulling to one direction when you're braking, then your brakes aren't working they way they should. This is not an uncommon problem, but it shouldn't be ignored since it's a significant safety problem.

The original poster has probably already turned in the leased car, but I just wanted to add this comment to warn anyone else that may be experiencing this problem.

2002 Honda Accord sedan 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Malibu

Summary:

Nothing but trouble.

Lots of rattles and squeaks; brakes replaced three times, blown head gasket, interior and exterior trim falling off, paint peeling.

General Comments:

I bought the car because of all the hype about Honda quality, but there are too many problems. The four cylinder is grossly underpowered and the styling is bland. I miss my Malibu!

Review Date: 27th July, 2004

23rd Aug 2004, 18:28

I'm sorry to hear that you've had so many problems with your 2002 Accord. Mine has been perfect so far. I guess every car line has their lemons.

19th Feb 2005, 21:36

I am on my second accord. The first one was a 1990 and was built in Japan. I still have it and have 198000 miles on it. Does it have problems? yep! But at nearly 200K who's complaining... not me. I got my money out of it a long time ago. In fact I just spent $1800 on it for the first time, ever! Now I have a 2002 Accord LX. It has a manual tranny and not too much else. If have over 63K miles on it and not one problem. Now I realize that some of you have had problems. I believe the quality is there, but some have just not been as lucky.

2002 Honda Accord V6-L 3 litre V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Engine and transmission 3 litre V6 Automatic
Previous carFord Fairmont

Summary:

A classy smooth reliable machine

Only problem was a mild shudder in the steering requiring a wheel balance. However at the last service, the wheels were rotated and now I have a problem of tyre noise which the service company told me was due to the rotation. I shall see what happens.

General Comments:

Very reliable car, got it new for AU$46000, drove it away and it hasn't missed a beat since.

Servicing cost has been very reasonable.

I get around 450Kms or more on a tank of fuel with city driving.

The steering is a bit stiff when cornering.

Very smooth and comfortable with plenty of power.

It cruises very well at 100 - 120Kph.

The car is not as flashy in the looks department as some others however it has a lot of inbuilt class.

Review Date: 11th July, 2004

2002 Honda Accord SE 2.3 Liter 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 2.3 Liter 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carVolkswagen Jetta

Summary:

An excellent, reliable appliance car

The driver's seat was squeaky, and was fixed under warranty.

A Ball joint was replaced under warranty, due to a rattle that was probably due to very bad roads where I live.

General Comments:

A good appliance car. It is very comfortable, very reliable, and hassle-free to own.

The handling is outstanding, the car is surprisingly agile for such a large car.

The automatic shifts very smoothly.

The engine is very smooth if not overly powerful or economical, but more than adequate for normal service.

Excellent ergonomics, especially the big and intuitive radio and climate control buttons.

I drove a new 2004 recently, but was unimpressed with the ergonomics, seats and and overall comfort compared to my 2002.

A bit boring, but overall an excellent car to own if you like hassle-free, comfortable transportation.

I chose the Accord, even though an older design, over the 2002 Camry and I don't regret it. After 70,000 km it's still trouble-free.

Review Date: 12th March, 2004