2005 Honda Accord Reviews - Page 11 of 11

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 2.4L 160hp Automatic
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Doesn't get much better than this

Brake pads are cracked, but dealer says this is normal. Interior rattles. Driver's side door seals, and trunk leak. Passenger seat was loose on delivery, dealer fixed it. Brakes make terrible squealing noise. Car does not stop straight. Car broke down once, due to low battery.

General Comments:

I bought my 2005 Accord LX in October of 2004. It is white on tan. So far, aside from what I mentioned above, the car has been pretty good. Since it is a Honda, I know things will work out in the long run. I'm just glad I didn't buy a domestic. If Hondas are having the problems mine is, I don't even want to begin to imagine the kind of problems I'd be having with a domestic. Honda is still the gold standard along with Toyota as far as cars are concerned, and even though I've had some problems with it, I'm extremely happy overall with this car. The Honda cannot be beat, IMO.

Review Date: 13th February, 2005

16th Feb 2005, 23:37

You should get your car checked out by an reliable, reputable, independent garage. Brake pads are not normally cracked on any car. And neither are the other problems you mentioned. We currently own a Honda and have owned both domestic (Ford, Dodge) and imports (Mitsubishi, Mazda) and neither have had the extensive problems your Accord has suffered.

22nd Feb 2005, 06:59

You have had all these problems with your Accord and still you praise it? I would be upset if I spent more money at initial purchase and still had these problems. You pay more for perceived quality when buying a Honda you should get it, don't settle for less.

5th May 2005, 18:36

I'll keep my 96 Accord. Best car I have ever owned, and probably ever will own. 155,000 miles and still running perrfect. Absolutely amazing car. However, It will be my last Honda. Their newer stuff just doesn't seem to be up to the original quality standards and reliability.