2006 Honda CR-V Sport Luxury from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Well worth the investment!

Nothing.

General Comments:

After years of buying second-hand cars that were not always the bargains they seemed to be, we decided it was time to invest in something new. Honda Australia had a good deal on new CR-V's and after a great deal of research, we decided that the CR-V was the right vehicle for us.

We were needed to transport our three young children in a safe, reliable vehicle. We wanted something that wouldn't cost a fortune to run and that be backed by a company that actually took customer service seriously.

The CR-V has been faultless. The longer we have it, the more we like it. We spent the extra money to get the top of the line model with easy to clean leather seats. The wide flat rear seat allows us to fit in three child seats, which was of crucial importance. The height of the vehicle makes getting the children in and out easy. There is enough room in the rear for both our Labradors or a large baby buggy.

Customer service from Honda has been excellent. Lots of phone calls to make sure we are happy. They come out to us to service the car which is very convenient as we live some distance from the dealer.

All in all, it's the perfect vehicle for us and was money well spent.

Review Date: 14th January, 2007

1st Aug 2007, 07:43

Hi, I am also considering a CR-V (or any other similarly-sized SUV), and have one major requirement: it must easily accommodate 3 child seats in the back! I see you said it can - what type of seats are they? I will have to be able to fit one of the smaller back-facing "carry handle" types for a few months old baby, then one of the big front-facing chairs for my 2 year old, and the third being a "booster" chair for my 4 year old. I can barely squeeze these three into the back of my current car, a Peugeot 307 SW, but it is very uncomfortable, especially for my 4 year old son (no elbow room) so I need substantially more width.

Is yours' the latest model CR-V?

One more question: I've read road tests complaining about a very harsh ride when driving on slower, poor surface roads (whereas it is superb at higher speeds on smooth surfaces, with car-like handling) - do you find the same?

2006 Honda CR-V SE Sport 2.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Another brilliant car from Honda

Nothing major.

Drivers door wouldn't close easily.

Car pulled left slightly.

All sorted without fuss under warranty and a free laser wheel alignment to boot.

General Comments:

The interior is a little bland, but all the switchgear is easy to use and the climate controlled air/con a dream.

The car although an auto is rapid enough, but if you drive it like an S2000 expect it to drink the gas.

I get between 27 mpg around town to 32 mpg on a run driving steadily.

Review Date: 20th August, 2006

12th Jan 2007, 11:34

It's not designed to be driven like an S2000!!!

I have a 2004 example of the same car and haven't had one problem in 3 years - I am sure it won't give you an problems.

Come May I will be getting my hands on a all new 2007 CR-v

ES auto - can hardly wait.

18th Jan 2007, 21:19

You may want to re-check your mileage figures old chap. You opine that you've achieved 27/32 mpg. Is it mpg or kpg (kilometers per gallon). Just wondering because your figures sound a bit optimistic. I own a 2006 CR-V with the 2.4 litre 4 cyl. I drive quite conservatively and couldn't get your mileage driving down hill with a tailwind. What's your secret? Are you having your kids get out and push to get you going? Inquiring minds what to know!!

My CR-V is broken-in with over 7k on the odometer. I consistently see 20 mpg city/28 highway. That's it, nothing to get excited about.

22nd Jan 2007, 10:59

The review is based on UK spec vehicle not a US Spec.

The UK does not get the 2.4l engine instead we have the

2.0l petrol or 2.2 diesel.

I get approx 30 - 32 MPG from my 2.0 auto.

22nd Jan 2007, 14:34

Also keep in mind the difference between Imperial gallons and U.S. gallons. It always appears as though you get more miles per gallon when quoting Imperial gallons, because Imperial gallons are a little larger.

29th Jan 2007, 13:40

I have a 2 year old SE sport and get identical MPG to that of the reviewer 27 MPG around town (London suburbs - so quite stop/start) and around 32MPG on motorway or fast A roads. Best I've ever achieved is approx 35mpg, but it was really boring, and involved very slow progress!

I find my CRV is a great practical workhorse, and has proven totally reliable.