2000 Honda Odyssey from North America

Summary:

I really don't like it because it's hard to load kids in and out, which is the whole point of a van

My doors have been sticking since the car was new. Now the handle is broken from pulling so hard.

Transmission replaced under warranty.

Brakes seem to always need repair.

General Comments:

In general the car is fine--but the doors are a constant unsafe irritant.

Review Date: 27th April, 2007

2000 Honda Odyssey LX 3.5 from North America

I can drive for a 1 to 2 hours, but when I stop, my vehicle is hard to start, and I need to hit the gas to keep the vehicle running.

At first we thought it was the ignition modulators, but they were changed, including the spark plugs, but the problem is still the same.

Also the check engine flashes about 6 times, but it doesn't stay on at all.. Since the problem, my vehicle has like a shake (engine). Don't really know what to do... at this point. Need to know if anybody has the same problem... please help!!

General Comments:

Vehicle rides really great... good gas mileage over long distances.

Review Date: 23rd April, 2007

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 3.5 VTEC from North America

Summary:

An excellent vehicle

The power sliding door stopped working a couple years back. The dealer charged me $650 to 'replace the joints'. It happened again on the same door. This time, I removed the fuse 13 and put it back in after a minute and the power door started working again.

The Check Engine light came on and the dealer diagnosed it to be pressure switch malfunction. Dealer charged me $600 again of which $450 was labor with the car out of shop in 35 minutes!

General Comments:

Very reliable and comfortable drive.

Review Date: 18th April, 2007

2000 Honda Odyssey LX from North America

Summary:

Excellent car if it wasn't for the sliding door problems

I've also experienced most of the problems listed here with my 2000 Odyssey. Our clock ligth went out at around 50,000 miles. The grinding brake noise, and definitely the sliding doors which have gotten so bad on ours that it feels like you are going to separate your shoulder just trying to get them open! The door sensor light flashes off and on every time we hit a bump and if it happens to be on when we shut the vehicle off (even thought the slider is shut), the dome light stays on and drains the battery. We also had our speedometer go out at 66,000 miles. I was driving it one day at about 30 mph, but the speedometer said I was doing 120! It never came down even when we shut it off, so it had to be replaced.

General Comments:

I must say though we have never had a transmission or engine problem...

Review Date: 2nd March, 2007

2000 Honda Odyssey LX from North America

Summary:

Too many problems to overlook

Automatic sliding back doors make noise and sometimes do not close all the way.

Transmission needs to be replaced at 72,000 miles.

"Check engine" light on regularly.

Window drivers side loosens.

Noisy ride at high speed.

Driver door loose.

Rattly drive at high speed.

Choppy gear switch.

General Comments:

Love the interior, but too many problems. Maybe it is just minivans in general, but I was seriously disappointed with my first Honda.

Review Date: 13th December, 2006

9th Sep 2008, 17:33

It is now September 2008 and I have officially unloaded this piece of garbage. What a disappointment! Everything that I read here has occurred to me and more! I am going to consider this an Odyssey problem and not a Honda problem. After doing all the work I reported back in 2006, I have done much more. The second sliding door went and that was it! I had been shopping for a Honda Accord for months when one day I went to start the Odyssey and the battery was dead. Whether or not it would have happened to any other car, I had had it and decided to see what trade in value a 2000 Odyssey LX had with 93,000 miles and some bumps and bruises. Went to 3 different motors and they all gave me $3,000-$4,000. That's it?! Glad to have it off my hands. More to come about the Honda Accord.