2000 Honda Odyssey EX 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

Best minivan we've ever owned

Had an issue with the side power doors, but the tip to pull fuse 13 worked like a charm.

Had to replace the ERG valve, which has been recalled, but we had too many kilometers on my vehicle to qualify.

Other than that, just regular maintenance.

General Comments:

This van has good power and is reliable.

Handling is responsive and the ride is good.

The seats are firm, but show no signs of wear.

We have used the van to move our daughter to University, and it was able to handle a large payload.

My wife really likes the rear stow and go seat. It is very easy to use.

We like this van and would buy another one.

But we always buy used, and the price of the new ones is too high for me to afford.

Review Date: 17th January, 2009

2000 Honda Odyssey LX from North America

Summary:

I liked my Dodge better!

We have been having problems with the automatic passenger doors. Once it got cold outside they wouldn't even open. Finally after it warmed up we were able to open drivers side passenger, but not the other side. I looked up on this web page after calling dealer and checking fuses. I pulled out the #13 fuse under the hood for a few seconds and re-installed it, and lo and behold the door started functioning properly again. Thanks, you probably saved me hundreds of dollars.

General Comments:

I'm not to impressed with auto doors. I worry if there is an emergency. They open real hard in manual.

Review Date: 6th December, 2008

2000 Honda Odyssey EX from North America

Passenger side power door not working.

General Comments:

Pulling out fuse 12 or 13 has fixed the passenger slide door power!!

Did not even have to replace the fuse, just pulled it out for a minute and re-installed it and the power door now works! Yay!!!!

Fuse 12 is the power slide door on my van. Most people said fuse 13 which shows this being the clock, but fuse 12 is a 20A fuse and would need to be a large fuse for power doors, so I went ahead and pulled it out also.

Dealer said it would cost a minimum of $650 to repair.

Thanks a lot for the info and the site!!!!

Review Date: 30th August, 2008

2000 Honda Odyssey from North America

Summary:

Buyer Beware with the Honda Odyssey

Series of problems:

*The engine light came on, and yet they cannot identify the problem. Same problem I have read on the web page, ERG is broken. Dealer has not fixed.

*Manual Sliding doors stick, so much so that the door handle is coming off. Apparently this is also a recall, and even the original recall fix has to be repaired.

*Ceiling lights randomly flicker. Some sort of wiring/electrical problem. I took it into the Dealer and they could not identify the problem. Apparently this is a known problem with a Honda recall on it for the recall.

*Transmission went out, unfortunately it is out of warranty-- but this is a very prevalent problem with Honda. The previous owners had taken this van in to be repaired for a hard shift from 1-2. The transmission doesn't go to the 1st gear but straight into the second gear. But the dealership did not fix the problem, instead they put a small band aid repair and made it last until the warranty was out. (There is a class action lawsuit out there, for those who have similar problems) Oh and they also suggested that I repair the engine/transmission mounts which according to them were a real deal at $500. Not to mention the faulty catalytic converter at $900. The Honda Service Center is making a killing of of these defects caused by poor products and poorly manufactured vehicles.

General Comments:

Stay away from the Honda Odyssey-- it's a nightmare waiting to happen.

From bad transmission to electrical problems to sticky side doors, this is just one big lemon, I am waiting to see what the next big expense is going to be.

Review Date: 28th August, 2008

11th Sep 2008, 14:05

It has done plenty of miles though? What do you expect?