2000 Honda Odyssey EX V6 from North America

Summary:

Would buy another Odyssey, as you sit high and don't "fall in" as you would in small cars

Left rear brake drum went out of round, and was replaced.

General Comments:

Very reliable.

Excellent seats, especially the driver's, since its height is adjustable and allows the driver to sit high.

Review Date: 16th October, 2010

2000 Honda Odyssey LX V6 from North America

Summary:

Fun to drive and very roomy, but definitely dogged by power sliding door and CE light design flaws

Twice recently my 2000 Odyssey has lost all electrical power. Each time, the power doors wouldn't work, the vehicle couldn't be started, the power locks wouldn't work, no clock, no A/C, no radio, nothing.

Within 10 minutes, all electrical functions returned and the clock amazingly displayed the correct time. I only had to re-enter the security code for the radio and everything was functioning like normal.

I hesitate to think that the issue was the battery, because after the power outage, everything returns to normal, and I have driven on the same battery for months after the first occurrence, and now after the second occurrence.

I also cannot explain why the clock retained the correct time.

I don't know if or when this will occur again.

General Comments:

The minivan has great acceleration and handling.

I too have the annoying power sliding door issues (3 times) and the phantom CE light issues.

Review Date: 19th June, 2010

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Will not buy another Honda

I have so many false CEL problems with this Honda Odyssey.

First CEL for P1456, replaced catalytic converter, still did not fix the problem.

Then CEL P17xx for transmission, replaced a new trans. for $3k, and still not fixed the CEL.

Now it's time for inspection again, and it failed. Well, this will be my last Honda I own in my life.

General Comments:

Stuck with the car, so I have to suck it...

Review Date: 1st March, 2010

2000 Honda Odyssey EX from North America

Summary:

Very good van

I own a 2000 Odyssey EX.

Two weeks ago we had snow in Georgia, it was very cold. My wife tried to open the driver's side sliding door with the control inside the van; the one on the left side of the driver side, but because it didn't open, she tried to open it manually, and after that we were not able to open it, until I had to replace the EGR valve, so I unplugged the battery, and after I finished, one of my kids opened the door, and it opened beautifully. So unplugging the battery can fix several problems that the onboard computer produces as a safety future, so thank you, and GOD bless the internet. Take care.

General Comments:

Great car for traveling with your family.

Good on gas.

However it's too low to the ground with three people in the back seat.

Review Date: 18th February, 2010

2000 Honda Odyssey EX 3.5 from North America

The engine light keeps coming on. This is the third time the engine light has come on after twice my dealer replaced parts that they said are causing the problem. I insisted that this time I should not be charge because the engine light is back on. They did not agree. I was very mad, but then I realized my car battery is already 5-1/2 years old and I felt the engine start is not smooth. So I went out to buy a new car battery.

Bingo! The engine light is not coming on again. That was the problem. It makes sense now because if the battery is low, the car computer is getting messed up because it cannot get a good signal from all the sensor points. So somehow the computer gives up and makes the engine light turn on.

So do not waste your time and money, try replacing your car battery (if not new) first when your engine light comes on before you go to see your alligator dealer.

Review Date: 4th November, 2009

2000 Honda Odyssey EX from North America

Summary:

Unbeatable!

Nothing, that wasn't covered by warranty or required by the scheduled maintenance.

General Comments:

By far the best vehicle we have ever owned. After having 8 others made by 'North American' manufacturers.

Superb space (driver and passengers AND cargo), comfort, ride, performance (like get up and go on those short highway on ramps), finish and fit, looks.

Review Date: 3rd October, 2009