I haven't had much go wrong with this car at all, even with the amount of mileage that I have on it.
- I had a problem with a rattle in the rear hatch area, and it took two visits to the dealership for them to correct it.
- The radio was replaced under warranty at 30000 miles, but it was probably my fault, because I listen to my music pretty loud. I have since replaced it with a Blaupunkt receiver, which is awesome!
- A bulb burnt out in my HVAC control and was replaced.
- Water pump failed at around 140K.
- Headlamps burnt out at 40K, which seems a bit early, but I have since replaced them with Osram SilverStars from www.powerbulbs.co.uk. I had Sylvania Silverstars, but they burnt out constantly; the Osrams are a better design. Osram is the European division of Sylvania.
The motor is very smooth and quiet, I get pretty decent fuel mileage with it, but it could be better. Acceleration is decent for a car of this size, and for the amount of horsepower it has.
I love the leather seats, they are very comfortable and the leather looks new. (I condition them with Lexol every 6 months)
The tires that it came with lasted for 75K, and I replaced them with the same tires; they are fantastic.
AWD system works very well, and I have driven in MANY serious snow storms, and I ski frequently up in PA.
The paint is a bit thin, and could be a bit better, but it still looks great. I wax it three times a year with Griot Garage "Best of Show" wax, and it still shines like new!
Dealer support could be better. I have since found my favorite dealership in Fairfax, VA.
I am a pharmaceutical sales rep, and I drive like there is no tomorrow. This vehicle has served me well, and I love it to death! It is my second favorite SUV I have owned (favorite was my 1987 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer). When the time comes for me to replace this vehicle, it will certainly be another Santa Fe!!!