1994 Infiniti Q45 4.5 DOHC V8 VH45DE from North America

Best car ever built by Nissan, bar none

All age related and all broken when I bought it. It has been dead reliable since.

- Fuel pump (I installed an aftermarket unit and bypassed the fuel pump controller).

- #2 fuel injector.

- Replaced kingpin bearings, brake hoses, and upper control arm bushings.

- Replaced tension compression bushings.

- New thermostat.

- New alternator.

- New water pump.

- New tires.

- Passenger side window regulator.

- Ash tray assembly.

General Comments:

Best deal ever for $800.

I have about $1800 in it so far since I do all my own work.

I prefer driving this to my newer car; it's that nice.

Very solidly built car, if not the best car ever built; certainly the best car Nissan ever built.

Weighs over 4,000 lbs, but you would never know it. It's like Nissan bought a fullsize American sedan from the 60's and did a modern take on it; it has that anvil-like solidity, you feel as if you could drive through a brick wall and not even slow down. Yet it drives and handles like a modern car.

The engine (OMG that engine!) so smooth, powerful, and aurally pleasing.

When I bought it, it was running on 7 cylinders and was still smooth enough you could barely feel it running.

A muscle car in a business suit.

My only dislikes are the automatic trans (works well but I hate automatics), and the front seats are too hard.

Did I mention how well-built it is?

Despite Nissan only selling about 58,000 of these from 1990-1996, I still see them on the road.

Interior shows hardly any wear, looks like a 5-10 year old car.

Paint is amazing, still looks new. This is not a fluke, I have yet to see one of these with bad paint... Nissan built these to last.

This car has zero rust. In fact, I have yet to see one of these with terminal rust. Possibly one of the most rust-resistant cars ever made.

I plan to keep it and see how long it lasts.

I had one years ago, same color and trim, and regret getting rid of it. This one is the replacement.

Highly recommend getting one while you still can; there can't be many left, as these have got to be the most under appreciated cars ever made, and people really don't care about them.

Upside is you can find a nice one dirt cheap.

Only drawback is parts are hard to find.

As a mechanic, it is my personal opinion that this car could easily last 50 years with proper repair and maintenance, it is that well built.

Has no rattles or squeaks, and despite the weather strips starting to shrink with age, it's still a very, very quiet car. It makes my Buick Roadmaster seem like a noisy car. This is despite me making the exhaust loud by straight piping it (still have cats and resonators); it is now loud outside, but still tomb quiet inside.

I am eventually convert it to a manual transmission and make it into the Japanese BMW it was always meant to be.

Review Date: 26th January, 2016

1994 Infiniti Q45 T 4.5L V8 from North America

This is a amazing luxury car

166000; blower motor went.

169000 miles; starter went.

175000 miles; struts and shocks went.

190000 miles; bad fuel injector.

196310 miles; bad ignition coil pack.

General Comments:

This 1994 Infiniti Q45t has very slow take off, but once the car is past 30 mph, the car is a fearless beast.

Review Date: 26th June, 2010

26th Jan 2016, 08:50

Check your fuel pressure; when running right this car will fry the rear tires right off if you attempt to take off rapidly.

I own one. It doesn't have off idle torque like a Chevy 350, but being it is a 273ci engine that can rev 7000 RPM all day long (especially considering the size and weight of the car!) it is very torquey.

Keep in mind that a TBI 5.7 in a Caprice had 2 ft/lb less peak torque than this engine does (290 vs 292) and 100 more HP.

Not too shabby :)