1994 Infiniti Q45 Base with Traction Control 4.5 Liter V8 278hp from North America
Own one and you'll understand -- INFINITI
- Transmission (I found one at a local junk yard for $450 -- labor was $200...I have a VERY cheap mechanic). The transmission new is between $2500-$3500.
- Front struts; I found 2 front struts for around $400 last year in 2007... and now (2008) I need MORE front struts (luckily, I got this pair for free!)
- The passenger side control arm was replaced, I forgot how much that was.
- Power steering line/cable became loose (car was VERY hard to drive/turn)
- 1 new rotor, and brakes (all four brakes to get replaced at the same time is around $250)
- Tune up (at INFINITI a tune-up was around $800 that's what they told me a year ago 2007. Now 2008 a tune up at the dealership is around $400)
- TCS & slip light blinks constantly! I'm not sure what the problem is, but it seems to not affect anything!
- The exhaust system needs to be replaced, but the car is not loud (a new exhaust system is between $1000-$1800)
- One thing I HATE about this car is: if I turn the AC on, and drive around... my car seems to not perform as quickly as usual. I do not know what the problem is, but I hate it!
- New alternator pulley. $106 from dealership (the part was only as SMALL as the palm and fingers of my hand!)
- My car leaks oil, I need some type of seal around something... sorry I forgot what my mechanic said it is exactly.
- The power steering leaks in most Q45's (my sister drove a Nissan Maxima and had the same problem with the power steering leaks). It must be a NISSAN thing.
- Gas mileage is HORRIBLE (but what do you expect from a V8)?! They tell you it's 15 mpg city - 18 mpg highway... but it's ACTUALLY about 12/13 city - 18/19 Highway.
* It performs best when the temp gauge is around C (cold), but the car IS fast...!!
* The back seat room isn’t all that great, because the front seats are very bulky (personal opinion)
* BOSE sound system is GREAT... very much so when I hook up my iPOD and put the equalizer on BASS BOOSTER!! WOW! (Boom...boom boom boom!!)
* The sunroof is large... unlike Honda/Acura.
* The keyless entry remote will put the two front windows down if you hold the UNLOCK button! I think it's cool that you can also turn the interior lights on or off by the remote!
* The 1994-1996 INFINITI Q45 was/IS the best body style Q45!
* THE SERVICE AT INFINITI IS 100% EXCELLENT!! EXCELLENCE, GOALS, ACHIEVEMENTS!!! (well at least at my local dealership)
* When the car is detailed... it is BEAUTIFUL! (mine is black on tan! aftermarket paint)
** Despite all of the problems I've had with this car, it IS a very good car! I drove it to Myrtle Beach SC with not one problem at all!**
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 2nd June, 2008