1995 Isuzu Rodeo Reviews - Page 5 of 9

1995 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2 from North America

Previous carisuzu rodeo

Summary:

Awesome body style somewhat comfy, but underpowered

What things have gone wrong...

I replaced my alternator at 130,000 miles.

It burns about a quart of oil every 1,200 miles and sometime smokes when first started in the morning.

My belts squeal every time I start the rig, but only for a sec.

My a/c stopped working since about 140,000, I have recharged the system, all of system seems to work properly just no cold air?

I've replaced all my door handles from plastic to metal, due to the locks falling into the door.

Truck has pretty good pick-up for its weight/power-plant, but doggish on long hills.

The four wheel drive works awesome, but unlocking the hubs seems to be a hassle.

(auto hubs)

Its been a good truck and has been very reliable. it's a very good family rig.

For everyone that has to slam there rear glass doors... try to squirt some WD-40 in the latch, worked for me.

General Comments:

Handle very good for an SUV. I've taken some pretty tough corners at excessive speeds and..well... in still driving it.

Review Date: 22nd June, 2005

1995 Isuzu Rodeo LS 3.6 from North America

Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

I love this car

Since I bought it over 3 years ago I replaced the timing belt.

Due to my own fault the Shrout fell on the fan and both were torn up last year.

Doors and locks needed some lubrication, which is no problem and is normal.

Belt are starting to crack, dried out.

General Comments:

I bought it with 98000 miles on it. it now has 148000, I put 50,000 miles on it in 3 years. NOT ONE issue.

This is ONE great vehicle.

I live in the desert area close to water (1-2 hours from here) in mexico.

I have taken this thing through very soft sand loaded with 8 people, couldn't get it stuck once. Without my four-wheel drive engaged.

You want a good car? Isuzu Rodeo. But, if you don't care for it it will give you problems.

Review Date: 12th May, 2005

1995 Isuzu Rodeo 3.6 v6 from North America

Engine and transmission Don't Know
Most recent distance142000 miles
Previous carIsuzu Rodeo

My water pump has gone out at 120,000 miles, and again at 130,000.The vehicle is currently in the shop for I suppose the same problem at 140,000 miles. The doors have a horrible rattle, doors get stuck often, and of course the dreaded ticking of the engine wich is very common in the rodeo.

General Comments:

Overall nice look.

Lots of room.

Review Date: 24th March, 2005

14th Oct 2006, 21:51

Ticking in the engine? That's what I experience in my Rodeo, though I have no idea what causes that. At first, it did that at 3,000 rpm's. Now that it's had two oil changes at regular intervals, it doesn't do that until it gets up to 3,500 rpm's. What on earth causes that??

1995 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6 from North America

First year of ownership1995
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carIsuzu Rodeo

Summary:

Very dependable, warranty and service needs improvement

Uneven tire wear, I rotated the tires every Three Month as suggested.

I had a blow out due to a defect in the tire, they would not stand behind the warranty.

The Pin Stripe's was mess up when I bought the Rodeo, they did not correct this problem.

The Steering wheel was not level when the tires were straight, they did not correct the problem.

The Window motor went out at 60,000 miles.

The rubber messed up around the driver door.

General Comments:

The service was terrible, I had long waits when it was in the shop.

The work I had done was not done correctly.

Review Date: 8th March, 2005

1995 Isuzu Rodeo from North America

Year of manufacture1995

Summary:

Great buy all around

Timing belt tensioner went bad.

Driver's seat beginning to wear.

General Comments:

I have looked at all the reviews of the 1995 rodeos and I have noticed lots of people talking about the lifter and how the rodeo ticks/knocks, and mine isn't too bad about that. However, the other day on my way home from work, it started knocking really loudly, and I took it to a mechanic friend of mine and he said a rod was hitting my oil pan, I needed a new engine. Took it into a garage and got the same thing. The noise quit after I got up to about 2500 RPMs, though. I saw someone on here with the exact same problem and he said to have my engine flushed and everything would be OK--not true. I ended up finding out finally that it was my timing belt tensioner, and it had come loose and was hitting something, so the man I bought it from had that replaced and the timing belt. No problems since, and no prior problems other than the regular maintenance.

Review Date: 14th November, 2004

14th Mar 2005, 12:22

I'm having a problem with my 95 Rodeo V-6. The belt tensioner and/or the idler went bad causing it to knock just a little. The car would crank and run... just sounded funny. Bought timing belt kit from napa (belt and tensioner) put it on and aligned the marks correctly (I hope) but now the engine will not start. It winds very fast like there is no compression. Will have to check compression tonight and see if the timing marks got off somehow. Anyone have any ideas?

26th Jan 2006, 13:10

95 Rodeo 3.2 V6. Almost 270,000 miles and runs great. My Rodeo had the same knocking problems 30000 miles after I had PM work done and the belt/tensioner changed. Mechs couldn't figure it out. It knocked below 3000 RPMs. My tensioner failed. I had it replaced again. Also, the A/C compressor failed at about 200K on a very hot day stuck in traffic. I changed the starter and alternator at around 200K also.

I may be replacing the clutch slave cylinder shortly. The clutch is getting a little soft.

Just keep up the PM work, change the fluids regularly and it should treat you well. It's a great vehicle.