2004 Jaguar X-Type Reviews - Page 4 of 4

Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 2.0 diesel Manual
Most recent distance2000 miles
Previous carVauxhall Vectra

Summary:

It's a 50 mpg Jag!

Nothing.

General Comments:

What a car for the money! We went for the larger wheels and they were the best add-on to be fitted, best of all people think the car is worth double what you paid for it! They made the car look fantastic. It's extremely torquey in every gear, ideal for overtaking without worrying about changing down; hard to believe it's a diesel. Ride is smooth and comfortable. And finally peace of mind with the 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. What more could you want?

Review Date: 14th April, 2004

18th Jul 2004, 16:56

What more we want?

That dealers stop posting here.

7th Dec 2004, 16:38

That may be a dealer, but I'm not - my car really gets over 50 mpg on a 'run' and a good 40mpg locally.

The diesel is great, comfy, quick and economic. Don't take anyone's word for it, just go and try a demo.

Merry Xmas!

15th Dec 2004, 13:31

2004 Diesel.

Haven't bettered 40mpg to date - although most journeys are short, so not bad. Performance from diesel engine v.good.

Handling excellent. Ride a bit firm (on 17" Andros).

Only two real complaints:

1) Too many squeaks from dash & door panels (compared to my previous Rover 75).

2) Incredible amount of exhaust 'smoke' when accelerating hard.

20th Jan 2005, 13:05

I am delighted with my black diesel estate. It's beautiful to look at - great with the large wheels; it's brisk and responsive; it sounds great, the indicators and doors click and clunk nicely. For years I've driven a Volvo estate, which is bigger, but without the responsive steering and precise cornering.

PS. I also have a big-engined XJS, with which I can frighten the boy racers. The X-type, despite the much smaller engine, is not so very much slower (though it does not roar so well).

14th May 2005, 15:28

Hey! I am not a dealer I have genuinely bought this Jag if I want to praise my car I will. If it develops a fault I'll soon tell you (renault master -fingers burned by this van) look that up!

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 3.0 V6 from North America

Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Automatic
Previous carBMW 3 Series

Summary:

Perfect balance of luxury and performance

Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

We are nothing, but happy with this car.

All wheel drive is far better than ever expected.

Interior feels luxurious and comfortable.

Ride of the car is generally superb - including over Northeast US potholes! Handles and corners beautifully. Superior combination of comfortable ride with handling and stability. Attribute this to stiffness of the car.

For the performance, quality and money (given 2004 model year price cuts) I believe it far outstrips the other "entry level" models from luxury marques.

Review Date: 12th April, 2004