1997 Lincoln Town Car Reviews - Page 2 of 7

1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature from North America

Year of manufacture1997
Most recent distance62000 miles
Previous carLincoln Town Car

Summary:

A good car, if Ford stands behind its obligation to consumers!

I had the intake manifold go on my 1st Lincoln Town Car Executive in 2006. The car had to be towed. I didn't have a car for a few days. The bill was $1534.00. I contacted Ford & they told me that the class action settlement had already closed. I had the car in 2003. I was never notified that the intake manifold had a problem, or that I should go to the dealer to check it out. My father drives that car.

I bought a second Lincoln Town car Signature. I did not think it could happen to me again. Boy was I wrong. My car started losing power. I went to the mechanic & needed an intake manifold. This one cost me $800, & I had to leave my car & take 3 buses home & 3 buses back.

On the way home from the mechanic last night, the check engine light came on. The mechanic says I need to bring the car back to reset something. I do not have the time or money to deal with this problem, created by the dealer's negligence. We are the ones with the misfortune to have to deal with these headaches. If the dealer knew the part was defective, why did they not recall it? This could have ruined our engines.

We need to form a class action or something for the members who were not in the class action. We should be reimbursed all of our time & costs. Anyone who has the same problem, please e-mail me so that we can put our heads together & get some form of justice. My e-mail is snyderlinda@mac.com. I live in Los Angeles, California. I have sent a letter to David Horowitz last night, he is a consumer advocate. He says that he can fight this battle, for you. I am not sure if there is a group rate. You can inquire from him. You can reach him at www.fightback.com Good luck!...

General Comments:

A good car with lots of luxury. Large car & trunk storage. The only problem is getting Ford to own up to the defective part, & making them replace the part with a new one. The new intake manifold that was installed yesterday is part metal & part plastic. So they have improved the problem for Ford, just not for the consumers left out of the class action lawsuit.

Review Date: 27th October, 2010

1st Nov 2010, 20:26

I am the one who wrote the review of the 1997 intake manifold. I have just spoken to David Horowitz. I am confident after speaking to him that he will be able to do something to make Ford do the right thing. David Horowitz. This is the only hope that you have for a recovery. Ford has already told all of us no. I will be hiring David to fight back for my rights against Ford. I suggest you do that too!...

29th Mar 2012, 13:59

So it's been a few years... how did that work for you?

1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series 4.6L V8 from North America

Year of manufacture1997
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 4.6L V8 Automatic
Distance when acquired212000 miles
Most recent distance212000 miles
Previous carBuick Park Avenue

Summary:

Excellent Ride

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

Just purchased a 1997 Lincoln Town Car with 211,000 miles for $1,400 cash. Car runs like new and is in excellent condition for the year. Was owned by one owner all its life. I have always dreamed of owning a Town Car, and today I made the purchase.

Review Date: 17th October, 2010

1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series from North America

Year of manufacture1996
Previous carMercedes-Benz SL

Summary:

A comfortable luxurious ride

The car was still running good, I had over 400,000 miles on it, so I thought it was time to sell it.

General Comments:

This car was my pride and joy, it was a beautiful snow white with blue interior, I wiped her down everyday.

My Lincoln didn't have any scratches, no dents or dings, and demanded complete attention anytime she was on the road!

Being inside of her was like being in a big Lazy Boy chair. It felt like you were riding on a cloud.

In fact I loved my Lincoln so much I am in the process of buying an identical one, same color, make and model!

Review Date: 25th November, 2009

25th Nov 2009, 17:04

Good for you. These cars are so under-rated it's a shame. My mom started driving Lincoln Town Cars in 1984. Except for a disastrous and thankfully brief foray into Volvo (it was junk compared to the Lincoln), she has driven nothing but Lincolns for the past 26 years. All have been flawless and not a one has ever required a single repair ever. Getting half a million miles out of a well-cared-for Lincoln is quite common. Yes, they drink gas, but so do all large and luxurious vehicles.

26th Nov 2009, 23:02

"never required a single repair ever..."

These cars are great, but stuff does need to repaired or replaced once in a while.

14th Jan 2012, 13:23

Dude, I think what he means is that nothing has ever gone wrong on the cars. I can see that, because Lincolns have a very good reputation for reliability, and they have since at least the early 1970s.

24th Apr 2012, 17:31

I just purchased my '97 Lincoln executive series- Marauder Edition. She's only got 127,000 on her. I shiver with the anticipation of a long and meaningful relationship.

15th Nov 2012, 19:05

I also have a 97 Lincoln executive series - Marauder Edition.

I have been searching around to find out what exactly that package is, but I have not been able to find anything.