2000 Mazda 626 Reviews - Page 5 of 8

2000 Mazda 626 LX-V6 from North America

Previous carMazda 626

Summary:

Ready to go in an instant, comfortable, reliable and sporty!

So far, this car has been perfect, no problems what to speak of. I have had to do nothing with this car other than routine maintenance.

General Comments:

WOW, what can I say! I love this car, she is quick on the giddy-up and I have had her as fast as 120 mph.

I like the automatic transmission with OD, shifts without any question or hesitation.

Nice comfortable sedan that is a nice cruiser, but, has the power and agility to get me out of sticky situations.

Seats 5 average adults comfortably, but nicer ride with 4.

Has all the options, except for the sunroof that my previous Mazda 626 LX had, but, I really love the spoiler on this one, sporty look that hides a real nice and comfortable ride!

Definitely NOT my mother's station wagon!

Review Date: 29th September, 2005

2000 Mazda 626 LX 2.0 from North America

Year of manufacture1999
Previous carHyundai Elantra

Summary:

Very well built car, I love mine

At about 45,000 miles there was a knocking sound coming from the rear of the car every time I hit a bump. At first is was believed to have been the rear struts and so they were replaced at a cost of $445.00. But the noise was still there. I did a little searching of my own and found out that the rear sway bar bushings were too small for the bar. As a result the bar was knocking around. New bushings that were cheap fixed the problem. Other than that, the car has ran very well.

General Comments:

The car's in-line 4 has a lot more power then what people give it credit for.

Drives very well, and is quite responsive on the road even at higher speeds.

Easy to take care of, very little maintenance required.

Review Date: 19th March, 2005

5th Oct 2005, 18:45

I have a 99 626 lx love it.

21st Feb 2006, 10:54

I have a 1999 Mazda 626 LX too. Mine runs well, it's just when it shifts from 1st gear to second gear it jobs, I don't know what that could be, but besides that it runs fine.

25th Aug 2006, 16:53

To those persons, there are 3, who wrote praises...

I was just wondering how long it was after you purchased your vehicles that you wrote these complimentary comments.

2000 Mazda 626 LX V6 5-spd from North America

Engine and transmission V6 5-spd Manual
Most recent distance190000 kilometres
Previous carEagle Talon

Summary:

Very reliable, very bland car

Sway bar end links have gone bad twice. I've had to replace the battery twice. There was a misfire while under load at a low RPM, but plugs and wires fixed that.

General Comments:

I bought this car mainly because it was cheap, it was a rebuilt vehicle. The interior is very quiet and squeek free with no rattles. It's pretty quick too. I love the car, but, I'm in need of a "cooler" car. I'd sell this car to my best friend it's that good of a car, it's just not my type of car any more.

Review Date: 30th January, 2005

9th Oct 2005, 20:47

Hi

I just bought a 2000 mazda, it's a rebuild vehicle from Ajax. I'm from London Ontario and is there any chance I bought your car? The guy who sold me the car previously had a Talon and was buying a new Jetta. Any way the car rides perfect and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Good luck with your future car shopping.

2000 Mazda 626 GLXi 2.0L 4 cylinder from Australia and New Zealand

Engine and transmission 2.0L 4 cylinder Automatic
Distance when acquired72000 kilometres
Previous carToyota Corolla

Summary:

Aweful

The vehicle was parked in our drive way, turned off, when we heard an explosion. Went outside to see massive plumes of smoke and flames coming from the engine bay. Total engine bay was destroyed and car was written off.

Ever since we bought the car it was a poor performer. Transmission never seemed to be in the right gear at the right time. Power delivery was very un-smooth and surgy.

These problems are totally unacceptable for a vehicle of such mileage. Vehicle has only one previous owner who is a close friends of ours.

General Comments:

Appeared to be a nice vehicle, but it turns out we were somewhat wrong. Had we been driving the vehicle when the fire occurred, there may have been a far more grave outcome.

Review Date: 16th December, 2004

7th Jan 2005, 15:48

What a totally bizarre incident, I have a Mazda 626 which I've had since new as a company car, then brought it privately off the company. it has done nearly 200,000km's now and is smooth and utterly reliable. Yours must certainly have been a lemon from new. P.S. you should never buy a car of friends or family for that exact reason, if it goes wrong it's very embarrassing!