1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 16-Valve DOHC from North America

Summary:

An excellent car for anyone who doesn't mind a smaller car

The engine went the first day I owned the car. This was not poor manufacturing by Mitsubishi, the previous owner just never changed the oil. There were huge carbon deposits that caused me to spin 2 rods.

General Comments:

This car is really fun, and really good looking. This makes an excellent second car. Aftermarket performance is easy, and stock they're pretty quick. These cars have excellent design. Mitsubishi and Chrysler got together to make these. If you want to buy one Look for a Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (make sure it is not the 1.8 model) A talon ESi, or a Plymouth Laser RS. If you want a car that comes faster stock get the Eclipse GST (GSX if you want All wheel drive), a Talon TSi (TSI AWD if you want an all wheel drive), you will have to look into the laser however because all the models are RS.

Review Date: 4th November, 2002

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 1.8L from North America

Summary:

A great, fun and economical car to own

Just the basic wear and tear.

Belts (normal interval).

Alternator (@ 150000 miles).

Water pump (@ 130000 miles).

Engine Control Module computer (@ 165000 miles).

General Comments:

This has been a great car to own. Very low maintenance. With just the basic knowledge to change oil and basic items, this car has done very well. I am going to buy a new 03 Eclipse because I'm so happy with Mitsubishi. This car was well engineered and I will continue to buy Mitsubishi cars.

Review Date: 21st October, 2002

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 from North America

Summary:

Looks always say it all

So far nothing has gone wrong. The transmission was rebuilt and a new clutch was put in. But I bought it after all the problems went wrong. The car runs great.

General Comments:

I only paid a couple thousand for this car, and it's great. The body is in mint condition, and the interior is excellent.

The back seats are small, but have been modified for comfort.

The in-car entertainment consists of 2 800 watt Sony aluminum cone subs, and all Sony door speakers. The car has a Playstation 2 with a DVD screen, and a separate DVD/CD head unit. The car has many neons, and yet it all came with the car.

I love it. Nothing has gone wrong, and it was the best investment ever. If the tranny was replaced on the car you're going to buy, buy it, because it will go; my uncle's 99 Eclipse already went after 3 years.

Review Date: 5th October, 2002

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS No from North America

Summary:

A great car for anyone

I really love this car.

I have had nothing go wrong with it other than putting in a new alternator.

Which at 175,000 miles is not too bad.

General Comments:

This car is great on gas mileage.

I can travel 250 miles or more on a half a tank of gas.

The car is very comfortable to sit in for short or long periods of time.

Review Date: 5th September, 2002

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 1.8 SOHC from North America

Summary:

Grooovey

Small amount of pealing of the clear coat.

General Comments:

I have found this car to be the most enjoyable car I have owned. I have heard a lot of people complain about the paint. Get real people its 10 years old.

If you know how to maintain and service your car you should not have many problems. Yes belts will break and clutches will need to be replaced. These are wear items.

My eclipse handles like it is on rails. Taking turns at twice the speed limit is a possibility.

My car is 9 years old and still turns heads. You are not going to beat a Mustang GT off the line, but this is a fun and economical car.

Review Date: 26th August, 2002

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 2.0 turbo gasoline from North America

Summary:

A very fast car with great handling!

My best friend had this car before me. And well here is everything I know.

1. Had the timing belt replaced around 75k.

2. Rebuilt the engine @ 140k (not required, but was done to ensure life).

General Comments:

I love this car. It is AWD and turbo. However, I can't say this car is stock though. When it was stock it was great, but since I have gotten it I have added Injen Intake with a Cat Back exhaust, a new intercooler and a boost controller.

This car pushes 280hp at the wheels and has 148k, and burns NO OIL WHATSOEVER!

In a quarter mile drag I can run my car in 13 seconds @ 118mph.

THE BEST THING is the handling of this car. All the suspension is stock and it is amazing. No body roll whatsoever, even cornering @ 100mph+.

I owned a 96' Impreza LS Coupe with a turbo before this and this car handles a lot better and is faster!

Review Date: 12th June, 2001

21st Jan 2002, 02:37

I gotta agree, this car has hardly any body roll, add performance struts and lowering spring and (HOT DAMN!) this car has virtually no (as in NONE) body roll, unless going 110 MPH or above. Gotta' love this car!!! Yet it still shows superb handling and control, all the while, begging for more~!!!

28th Aug 2002, 04:04

WOW!!! I have only had my 93 GSX for a short time and I already love it. It is so sure of itself. It can accelerate out of corners so hard I expect it to fly off of the road, but it stays glued to the pavement. I'm looking forward to modifying this beautiful piece of engineering.

21st Jun 2003, 01:20

Cornering at 100, okay there. That's more of a curve in the road then a corner.