1. Took car to dealer and they replaced idle air control as per warranty but they lost all books, warranty information, tire warranty, etc. Did not replace.
2. Timing belt broke at 64,000 miles in the dead heat of summer on the interstate in the middle of nowhere. Dealership in OKC said they contacted the warranty company and they said they would pay for it. Went 275 miles to pick it up. Hauled back to OKC and they tore down the engine to find problems. Next time I called they said I would have to pay for everything and that I had to pay for the teardown, about $350.00, to get it from them. Later I called back and recorded the agreement he made to me that the warranty company would pay and to bring it in (got there at 4:30am). This was the only way I would have let them tear it down. I called Mitsubishi and they didn`t even care. Rented trailer again and hauled it home. The parts for this engine are outrageous. Bought used motor from a wrecked car and had it installed.
3. Car used oil at a rate of 1 qt. at 1200 to 1500 miles. Dealership mechanic stated to me that the use of a quart every 2,000 miles was within the manufacturers limit. Didn`t work on it.
4. Standard transmission gears don`t mesh right and never have since I bought it new. Pops out of reverse. Dealership worked on it and there was no improvement. Dealer said that was just the way they were and to deal with it.
5. Paint started to crack and it looked like scratches (silver/grey). Started on the hood and hatch lid on rear and is starting around the edges of the whole car now. Had taken it to the dealer when this first started and they wouldn`t do anything about it. Said that's the way that color of paint acted, although no one told this to me when I bought the car.
6. Have never had this much trouble with dealerships (two different dealerships).
7. Apparently Mitsubishi doesn`t have a good relationship with its dealerships and its customers.
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MITSUBISHI.