The biggest problem I have had with this car is the brakes. I have had them replaced and replaced and replaced just to have them squeak and squeal shortly thereafter. My mechanic has even done some of the brake changes for free as he doesn't understand the problem and has also tried different composites -- however, we are back with the original type pads. Besides that...
- clutch replaced at 58,000 miles (which is early-normal).
- reverse has ALWAYS been a problem to find.
- roof leaks, even after tightening the clasp and seals.
- antenna jammed and will not retract, although motor can still be heard spinning.
- driver-side door console broke and fell inside the panel requiring a service visit.
- sun visors do not last long and are now merely covered in pieces of ripped fabric.
- all of the black exterior pieces are faded (both plastic and metal).
I have never had the "burning oil syndrome" I hear so much about, but I am meticulous with periodic oil changes.
I truly enjoy having a sporty convertible, especially with a rear GLASS window instead of the plastic used in many other models. Surprisingly, the car is very quiet when the top and windows are up.
Having a small engine is a bargain on gas, comparatively speaking.
Comfortable enough for long trips - but watch out for seat-belt tan marks!!
My biggest complaint with design is the virtual lack of space. Thank goodness I can put the top down or I would never get anything in the back seat.