1985 Nissan 720 Pickup 2.4L Z24 from North America

Summary:

Indestructible

No faults. In the year I've owned this car, absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it mechanically.

General Comments:

This car has been incredibly reliable, as well as a true workhorse. I was recently in a twelve car accident, in which my truck hit five other cars and was hit by one more on a major interstate. It's been worked on a farm on numerous occasions, all of which it's held up to. Even after the accident, I was able to drive it away. The exterior is banged up pretty bad, but it's still going!

Review Date: 21st January, 2010

1985 Nissan 720 Pickup King Cab from North America

Summary:

Great first car and fun to drive

New transmission (my fault)

New engine.

Heater won't work.

Roof leaks.

General Comments:

I have had this truck for 14 years and I absolutely love it. I blew the engine at 175,000 miles, had it rebuilt, and the only reason it needed a new transmission is because I tried to go in reverse on a near vertical dirt road and chipped a tooth on one of the gears.

All and all this little truck is awesome, it runs like a champ in the snow and mud 4 low. It is completely stock with 30x10.5 tires and goes just as good as all the other rigs offroad. I will keep this truck as long as I can, great truck.

Review Date: 13th December, 2009

1985 Nissan 720 Pickup Single Cab / Regular Bed 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Best truck every built. Wouldn't let go of it ever!!!

NOTHING OTHER THAN REGULAR MAINTENANCE AND THE SMALL STUFF LIKE BLOWN HEADLIGHTS, TIRES AND BRAKES...

I need to replace the seat. It's now worn and very uncomfortable, and the springs are starting to push through. So I'm looking for a newer seat, or I may go to a 2 bucket seat deal up front instead of a bench.

General Comments:

I have the worst luck with cars and trucks!!! THE WORST LUCK EVER!!! I have had Mercedes 190E, an Audi A4, most recent a Eclipse GSX (AWD / Turbo), and on the Benz it had no A/C and I had to replace blown head gasket @ 114K. On the Audi it had no A/C and a crazy fuel injection / ignition problem that Audi / VW couldn't figure out, and on the most recent my Eclipse GSX, it had electrical problems.. mainly the alternator and it tearing up drive belts...

Now this 1985 Old Nissan 720 pickup single cab truck runs great!!! I will try to keep this thing forever. I drive it every day 60 miles to and from work, the A/C works good, the tranny is a 5 speed and shifts like it's new and the motor is strong enough to get the wheels spinning if needed. The acceleration is weak if you're used to driving sports cars, but it's enough to keep up with traffic.

It gets great gas mileage and I'm pretty sure it will run like this forever.. it's @ 239150 miles today and I keep the tires aired up, I keep fresh fluids in it and make sure I keep those brakes in good condition.

In short.. I recommend this lil truck for all ages that can drive... it's good to haul small loads and even pulls my jet skis with no problems... Oh it's a 2 owner truck and never been in an accident, and is stock with stock tan paint.

Review Date: 30th August, 2009

13th Oct 2010, 19:54

I hear ya buddy, I have one too, but I need a new bed for mine, and fenders and both doors, but running wise it's perfect. Do you know where I could find these parts at? Your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you, and good luck with that truck.

1985 Nissan 720 Pickup King Cab 4x4 ST 2.4 from North America

Summary:

I can't kill this truck

Clutch at 110000 miles.

Alternator at 98000 miles.

Fuel pump computer (module) 3 times under warranty.

General Comments:

Fuel pump module problems again at 125000 miles. All the signs so often mentioned in the other reviews. We direct the wired fuel pump to an accessory switched fuse. The module shuts off the fuel pump when the low oil pressure is sensed, common on older engines at low RPM, so watch the oil gage. Problem solved.

Review Date: 28th April, 2009