1986 Nissan 720 Pickup Reg. Cab 2.4 L from North America

Summary:

The BEST vehicle on the planet

Just the usual. I had the radiator re-cored. I replaced most of the front end suspension. Other than that, nothing.

General Comments:

This is the first vehicle that I have ever owned and I still love it. It has 280,000 miles on the original engine and tranny. It has a lot of dents and dings but it is my baby. I am going to rebuild the engine this fall and put in a dual exhaust. I don't need to do this. But, I would rather replace the engine than wait for it to die. Oh, yeah. My truck still gets 27 MPG.

Review Date: 25th July, 2000

23rd Mar 2001, 18:00

I agree!!! I had a 86 Nissan pickup desert runner. Held the original clutch till 160,000 miles... got it when it had 93,000. The only problem was that it was in Michigan and no one ever rust proofed it. One thing about a Nissan truck is that if you take care of it, it will take you anywhere.

13th Jul 2001, 09:50

I have a 1986 Nissan 4x4 King Cab and I love it. It is burnt orange and has 15000 miles on it. That truck has taken me throughout the Carolinas and I will never get rid of it. I think that ill fix it up once I get the money but until then, ill keep drivin' it like I stole it.

Alphra

"2 cute truckin' chick"

17th Jul 2006, 09:56

I have a 1986 Nissan King Cab that was given to me by my girlfriend's father. The original motor made it until 240,000 miles and the transmission went out shortly after the engine. However I have changed both and since then it has been the best truck I have ever owned. It does great on and off road. Me personally I love to go off road and this is a great truck for it, it has never left me stranded, and if you could get your front tires on an oak tree it would climb it. I love my 86 Nissan.