1995 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Reviews - Page 2 of 10

1995 Nissan Hardbody Pickup XE 4 cylinder gas from North America

First year of ownership1999
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder gas Manual
Previous carChevrolet Silverado

Summary:

Best buy I ever made!

Speedometer at 99000 needed to be replaced, $495.00.

Left lower ball joint at 210000.

Currently replacing headliner fabric.

Tape player stopped working 2 years ago.

One tail light and one parking light corroded badly, $200.00.

General Comments:

Absolutely the best mechanically sound vehicle I've owned in my 50 years.

Driving at least 70 miles per day for work, I still get 26 mpg on the original spark plugs!

Buy one, dress it for yourself and run it.

Review Date: 24th July, 2010

1995 Nissan Hardbody Pickup XE 2.0 from North America

Previous carNissan Pickup

Summary:

A disappointment

All owners of a Nissan Pickup with rust problems, whether it be the frame rusted out like us, rusted out brake lines as you're going down the road like us, rusted out gas tank that starts spewing gas going down the road like us, etc.

We have contacted Nissan about this rust problem as have many other to no avail. Forget class action suits, we have contacted the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Saftey Administration) and the ODI (Office of Defects Investigation). If enough of us file a safety complaint and this organization can find a pattern, they can force Nissan to issue a recall.

Please contact us a fightnissanrust@live.com for further info. We are keeping track of the number of people willing to fight. So far there are 1 1993 complaint, 10 1994 complaints, 19 1995 complaints and 1 1997 complaint. Not many, but once someone calls Nissan and gets nowhere, they don't know what else to do. This is it. If you contact me, I will explain what we are fighting for since I am limited on what we are allowed to say on the message board, and let's fight for our trucks!!!

General Comments:

Runs great.

Looks great.

Don't look underneath - rust everywhere.

Review Date: 31st October, 2009

19th Nov 2009, 18:02

Rusting frames problem is not confined to the Nissan pick-up trucks. I have a 1987 Dodge pick-up. And have taken care of it for many years. The last two years the frame, body, brake lines, and anything the salt brine Ohio uses on the roads hit.

Where parts of the truck were shielded, like under the spare tire there was no rust. My friend had a Ford truck. After the winter he parked it for the summer. It had new shocks, brake lines etc. When he went to use for hunting in the fall, the shocks were rusted away and the fuel and brake lines were rusted. This brine hit my 98 Sunfire, but where I smeared the brake lines with grease, there was no rust.

The liquid brine melts ice faster, but eats the cars away.

This may be our problem. Until that time, Ron Myers.

1995 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Base Model 2.4 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 2.4 4 cylinder Manual
Most recent distance182000 miles
Previous carFord Aerostar

Summary:

Best car/truck I have ever owned!

Had the transmission rebuilt around 100k. I let the fluid run low and it damaged 5th gear. So I had the clutch replaced while in the shop.

So far I have replaced: radiator, water pump, cooling fan, headlight swtich, idle speed control, plugs/wires (every 20k).

The truck is a tank. It's been wrecked twice. Had a car side swipe the passenger door. I hit the center median, while going 55mph. Had to get a front end alignment and adjust the steering gear.

The white paint is now peeling off. But what should I expect, the truck is now 13 years old.

General Comments:

I have learned that only Nissan parts seem to work. So they can be expensive. But so far, what a tank of a truck. Two wrecks, numerous of road adventures, trips that were 1000 miles or more and it just keeps running. All I do is change the oil every 2500 miles. Highly recommended!

I'm already looking for another. You can buy one in Dallas, tx for 3000--5000 with under 100,000 miles.

Review Date: 14th October, 2008

16th Oct 2008, 16:27

I agree, the little truck ever made! I wish they still made the Nissan Pickup! They're cheap to buy and some what cheap to fix. They seem to last forever, just like the Eveready bunny. They just keep going, and going and going.