1995 Nissan Pathfinder xe 3.0 V6 from North America

It's a great vehicle all around

There hasn't been a whole lot of problems. When I got it, it needed a little love since I live in Michigan and the weather can be harsh on vehicles. The only major problem I had was fixing a 4 wheel drive hub. The most recent problem is that the heat shield rotted off and now I have a hole in the floor board off the drivers side.

General Comments:

This car is a beast. I take it off road in the Silver Lake sand dunes. I can go up the hills in two wheel drive and even backwards. It's awesome. This is my first car and I plan on keeping it for a long time.

Review Date: 6th July, 2010

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE from North America

I acquired a 95 Pathfinder a month ago, and the guy who gave it to me seemed to be desperately trying to give it away.

After a week of driving, I noticed the right side in the rear had a crack in the frame. I think this is the reason why the car smells of gas, as well as it may be a broken gas line.

I still drive this car, and it makes loud noises going over small bumps in the road, but the frame is still in one piece.

The ABS light will not turn off, and I think it also has something to do with the frame crack.

Is it expensive to have the frame welded to strengthened it if it has not broken through the frame yet? Please let me know if there is a law suit; I don't want to be driving an unsafe car. nc997249@dal.ca

Review Date: 17th February, 2010

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 from North America

I am at a loss for words. Whole frame rusted out. Nissan should repair or replace frame. The frame above the wheel wells in back has completely rotted out.

Review Date: 15th February, 2010

15th Feb 2010, 17:07

Oh yeah, you should have no problem getting Nissan to replace the frame on a 15 year old truck...

16th Feb 2010, 06:21

Gosh it's a real shame that a 14 year old car is not like a new car.

4th Mar 2012, 14:24

Frames SHOULD last longer than the automobile itself... it's a safety issue as well as a danger on the highways or anywhere you travel.

I have a 1959 International 1/2 ton who's frame is like it was new, (yes it has been in the salt). I also have a 1952 Ford Galaxie 500, whose frame is still solid and durable. So don't say that a 15 year old steel frame should rust through like a tobacco can. Datsun and Nissan are KNOWN for high sulphur content steel, and they therefore rust exceedingly fast!

1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE 3.0 from North America

A good daily driver/fishing truck/or first car

1. Rust - frame rust to the extent that both rear frame rails have been replaced.

2. The truck will lock itself when the doors are slammed in cold weather.

3. The passenger door will no longer unlock.

4. The transmission dip stick will come out while traveling over rough terrain, causing ATF fluid to expel from the tube.

5. Tires wear badly on the front.

6.Transmission coolers are made poorly, causing my truck's tranny to blow up.

General Comments:

It's been a great truck to me... since frankly I beat it up pretty good.

My rear tires have 15k on them and they're bald.

The engine, while under powered with an auto, is still somewhat quick, and while on the highway I get 23mpg.

But the automatic transmission has gone out, and I'm currently looking to have it replaced.

While the truck is a base model XE, it does have the sport option, so it has mud guards, fender flairs, 4.60 gear ratio, and an LSD in the rear axle, and with the wider tires I put on, it was almost unstoppable.

Review Date: 9th September, 2009