1993 Nissan Primera Reviews - Page 3 of 5

Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 2.0 petrol Manual
Distance when acquired52000 miles
Previous carNissan Sunny

Summary:

One of the best combinations you'll ever find in terms of practicality, reliability, and economy

Intermittent loss of power with no reaction on pressing the accelerator - easily remedied with replacement of the distributor cap and HT leads (cost less than £80). Apart from this I have enjoyed three years of trouble free motoring.

General Comments:

Probably the greatest accolade I can give the GT is the fact that I have just bought another one!! My older eGT has given me countless hours of enjoyment and the car's performance has surprised many a boy racer in his 'hot hatch'. (I also surprised a friend in his Pug Mi16 which he thought was a Ferrari in disguise!)

But it is not just the performance of the car - with a baby and two dogs (one an oversized greyhound), most people would think that a Volvo 850 would be the only car to satisfy my requirements. The big boot of my hatchback means my dogs can happily snooze away the miles although admittedly, if we are spending more than a weekend away, the roofbox is required to fit in all of the luggage.

Economy is excellent, although hard acceleration does make a noticeable diffence. Reliability has been superb even though I have never submitted my car to a Nissan dealer for servicing.

Hey, even my wife likes the car and she originally wanted a Mondeo estate - yuk!!

Review Date: 14th September, 2000

4th May 2001, 07:48

I've just bought the Mrs a 1993 Primera 2.0 eGT. It's done 50,000 miles, full service history and it's minted!

I've had several MkII Golf GTIs, one of which she smashed, well a lorry managed to modify the rear end. This resulted in us looking for something quite quickly. Seeing this Primera, brought a smile to my face, as it sat in a garage waiting to be awakened :-)

The small wheels didn't really set the car off, however, I was impressed by the amount of extras in the car. Didn't really have a good drive of it at the time, as the dealer had only left around 50p of fuel in it.

We bought it and she loves it. I drive a 2.3 V5 Toledo which has plenty of grunt for me at the moment. We've only had the Primera a couple of days and I felt myself gagging to have a go without the Mrs in the passenger seat. It was great, revs like hell, sits on the road with very little body movement and sticks to the corners like glue!

Need to persuade the Mrs that she doesn't need it this weekend :-)

Bad points are, didn't get one earlier, Mrs has a faster car than me now, insurance is quite high, wheels should really be 15 or 16 inch.

Are all Primera eGTs 150 BHP? Even a 1993?

Roy.

1993 Nissan Primera eGT 2.0 petrol from UK and Ireland

Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 2.0 petrol Manual
Distance when acquired52000 miles
Previous carNissan Bluebird

Summary:

Now a value for money fast hatch that can seat a family

Knocking anti-roll bar.

Suspected excess play in upper suspension arms.

General Comments:

A really fast car that is great to drive. Under-rated very quick four door family hatch which handles very well. Main problems are suspension but these are easily sorted. Well worth buying for fun, reliability and style.

Review Date: 2nd June, 2000

1993 Nissan Primera eGT 2.0 16v petrol from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 2.0 16v petrol

I haven't had it very long, the suspension does knock a lot, but other than that nothing has actually gone wrong.

General Comments:

Entertaining, revvy engine, good handling, but could do with sharper steering. Not rocket fast, but you don't realise how fast you're going. 100mph feels like 80mph in most cars. Can't get comfortable due to relationship of pedal heights, but seats nice. Looks much better as a 5-door.

Review Date: 21st November, 1999

1993 Nissan Primera eGT 2.0 16v from Spain

Engine and transmission 2.0 16v

General Comments:

A brilliant car. Goes like a bullet. 0-100 km/h 9 seconds. With 60 liters of fuel I have crossed almost 800 km at about 120-140 km/h. Flexible until 7,500 rpm and it's sound becomes hoarse once past 4,000. The suspension is hard.

Review Date: 26th October, 1999