1999 Nissan Primera SX 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A much underrated motor car!

Absolutely nothing!

General Comments:

This is a great motor car, totally dependable and built in the UK superbly by the Geordies.

If anything the suspension is a bit soft and wallowly and the front bumper gets destroyed by stone chips, but these are trivial things, buy one, enjoy it!

Review Date: 10th August, 2000

1999 Nissan Primera SX 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

The best 16,000ukp you will spend guaranteed

Nothing.

General Comments:

These cars are simply the best on the market. I have two, one a taxi and one my own. I would never buy another type such as Vauxhall or Ford, they are just rubbish.

Review Date: 30th June, 2000

1999 Nissan Primera GTSE 2.0i 16V from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Superbly comfortable, refined and great fun

One or two annoying rattles and squeaks coming from the rear view mirror, dashboard and seats. Warming up the interior usually does the trick but it's not what I expected from a 19k car to be honest. Group 17 (out of 20) insurance?! Everyone thinks it's my dad's.... Switch engine off when filling up with petrol or fuel gauge won't register.

General Comments:

For a car this size, fast! 0-60mph (2nd gear) 8.5 secs. Top speed 130+. Very safe and surefooted, inspires confidence (and recklessness). Motorway cruising is a near effortless pleasure, though cruise control would be nice as the car seems keen to land me on the wrong side of the law. The GTSE has nice 16" alloys, full leather interior, aluminium console and a MoMo gearstick. The bigger wheels make a huge difference, it really stands out from other GTs. No-one has ever said my Primera looks boring. It's practical too, 40+mpg if you stick around 80mph though boot it and you'll think someone pulled the plug out of your fuel tank.

Review Date: 27th March, 2000

13th Jul 2001, 11:16

I have just purchased a GT SVP. Full SE kit, leather, 16" alloys etc. It is a superb car, buy one used now at 12 months old and save half the new price. Performance bargain of the year!

27th Jul 2001, 06:24

16" alloys, nah, you need 17" alloys with 215/40 like me.

I have an SRi 5dr, which I've fitted a Powerflow exhaust, Wings West front splitter, GT grille, cold air induction pipe and filter (like touring car, not a cheap K and N one), race spec spark plugs and leads, and finally 17" 100 + Phantom 215/40 Avon ZZ 1 tyres. My car is as fast as a GT, and can also stuff one round corners.

By the way, the stuff I have fitted all comes from the USA. Go to www.g20.net for more modded Primeras.