1994 Oldsmobile Achieva Reviews - Page 8 of 8

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S Coupe 2.4 liter quad 4 from North America

First year of ownership1995
Engine and transmission 2.4 liter quad 4 Automatic
Previous carPlymouth Acclaim

Summary:

A stylish car that will fly

I have had the rotors replaced once which helped the brakes since I put in heavier rotors.

I have had both door panels replaced twice..

I have had the trim replaced under warranty..

Had the car repainted one year.

Had the air conditioner coil replaced under warranty, the tilt fixed and the bright light and signal unit replaced..

Most of the work has been under warranty in the first year, after that a great car!

General Comments:

I love the speed of the car and that mine is stylish. The braking system in this car is not the best and it likes to break shocks. But I plan on getting another GM product, maybe another Olds.

Review Date: 18th August, 2000

19th Aug 2002, 01:36

I just bought a 1996 Achieva for $2500. It was "broken in" with 155000 miles when I bought it. I was originally going to just use it as a people mover, but have decided that I want to try something different, and wish to soup it up some. I have absolutely no idea where to start, since the market today in my area is geared towards Japanese and German subcompacts. I see all types of "rice burners" buzzing down my street, and ask, why not go for an Olds Achieva Type R? I have found the car somewhat easy to work on, minus the fact that half the bolts are standard, and the other half metric. An obvious GM flaw that completely baffles me. I think in my adventure to soup up my Achieva, I'll start with the intake and exhaust, and move to the engine, and maybe get a trick muffler tip or a Flowmaster. If anyone knows any helpful tips, or of places that have body kits and performance parts for my Olds, please e-mail me at Sniperontherooftop@Hotmail.com.

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S 2.3l SOHC 4cyl VIN 3 from North America

Engine and transmission 2.3l SOHC 4cyl VIN 3 Automatic
Previous carOldsmobile Intrigue GX

Summary:

Soild, reliable transportation

Nothing that is the fault of the car. It was a salvage, and was poorly redone (the bumper was not bolted on when I got the car). The interior is a bit squeaky, but that is to be expected from a car that had been sideswiped by a garbage truck doing 50mph.

General Comments:

Rock solid car - I just get in and drive it. Never complains and always does what is expected. I love this car.

Review Date: 27th June, 2000

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva L 4 cylinder from North America

First year of ownership1998
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

I love it!

Nothing has really gone wrong. I drive 100+ miles every day, and all I've had to do is maintenance - oil changes, brakes, tires, wheel bearings. I love this car, and if GM still made it, I would gladly buy another.

Review Date: 26th May, 2000

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva S Sedan 3.1 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.1

60,000 miles, 6 sets of rotors, loses 1 qt of oil a day and still under warranty, doors locked and wouldn't unlock, windows stopped rolling down, inside panels fell off car, 2nd engine, transmission going out, driver's side wheel fell off, etc..

General Comments:

I hate this car, I owe $4,000 dollars on it and I can't give it away. The service department is horrible and they never fix my problem but charge me the $100 deductible!!!! I will never own another GM.

Review Date: 7th February, 1999

1994 Oldsmobile Achieva 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 4 cylinder

I have replaced the battery twice (not covered under warranty).

I have replaced an alternator, door lock panels (both passenger & driver side).

I have replaced brake pads twice and rotors once.

General Comments:

I have complained to Oldsmobile twice regarding the quality of the brake system on this car.

They told me to only expect 8,000-10,000 miles to one set of brake pads. I had a Pontiac Grand Am and put brake pads on that car twice. That car had 120,000 miles on it. This Achieva has 47,000 miles on it.

GM/Oldsmobile fix the brake problems on this car. Each brake shop costs $125.00 at the dealership.

Review Date: 18th October, 1998

12th Feb 2012, 20:43

You didn't say what year your Grand Am was, but it is the same basic car as the Achieva from 1992-1998.