(1) Rotors need smoothed out once a week -- thump thump thump, the faster you go the thumpier they are.
(2) Don't try to drive in the heat, the Achieva is in menopause -- it has hot flashes, and can't handle it. Heck, my radiator hose has fallen off twice while in operation, engine running, fully fastened, something with the angle and pressure -- just came off. Piece of crap.
(3) Between 55 and 70 it misfires, timing problem, go figure...
(4) The column has SEVERE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS, don't let them fool you, mine SMOKES!!! I can smell the plastic burning, but I don't care, if it starts on fire, then I pay a 100 deductable and collect back some of my insurance payments -- Piece of crap.
(5) Plastic doors fall part, the button is broken off my gear shifter -- not like it's a manual, I don't hardly touch it! The seats have no lumbar, strike that, no support period -- they suck. The little elastic things around the visors, as usual, have stretched out and hang there like the Fonz at the diner on happy days. Did I mention that my column randomly smokes?
(6) Oh yeah, my turn signals may or may not work depending on the day, if I turn the four ways on -- they don't work -- then the turnsignal goes out for a week, it's like a union worker, they strike (turn signals stop working), I hire a scab (turn the warning flashers on), they strike for even longer and start to run my business into the ground (permanently stop working, must hand signal on my way to work at Dairy Queen, sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph).
(7) This car hit the ugly tree and was turned back: "UPGRADE REQUIRED".
This car has a powerful engine, the best I've ever owned, with the exception of my 56 Buick Special.
But the engine may or may not be overheating, misfiring into the pistons, causing a column malfunction, etc.
I am not surprised that they phased out the model of my car, followed shortly thereafter by a GM phase out of the make-- WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!
This car is the ugliest car ever made, with Skylark at a close second for this superlative. The cheap wheel covers are nasty, but buying expensive ones does nothing for this ugly thing.
I do not believe my airbags would deploy in a head on collision -- I have NO faith in the Achieva's "safety" at all.
No one in their right mind, including those who've reviewed this car here, could think it is a decent car. Some people have them and have 0 problems, but most people I know at least have the rotor/caliper/pad problem, maybe even the smoking column -- I mean I'm about to sue Oldmobile for lying to be about the dangers of smoking and driving.
Did I say, yet, the Achieva is an total Piece Of Crap. and no one should ever buy one unless he is really desperate for drama as long as he owns this tragic Piece Of Crap.