Many problems, but often reliable..
- The first week I had this car I was in a wreck. My ABS seemed like it froze up on me and I hydroplaned into the vehicle in front of me. (off to a great start I know).
- Oil leak that has been persistent.
- Coolant was leaking out from the hose close to the yellow "do not open when hot" cap. I cut the hose down to a tighter part so it would stay tighter and prevent leaking.
- 65,000 Coolant looked brownish red and nasty in the reservoir, so I had a friend help me take it out and flush the system.
- 70,000 windshield wipers got stuck in the ON position. Motor needed replaced.
- At 75,000 the serpentine belt need replaced.
- Around 70,000 the EGR valve needed replaced.
- At 85,000 the muffler underneath was cracked and needed replaced.
- Rotors and brakes seem to wear very easily, constantly replacing those.
- Service engine light came on around 90,000, code PO440. Found out the "fuel filler neck" was leaking and cracked. Eventually it was replaced.
- 92,000 ABS and brake light both ON. Rear brakes were not working. Found out eventually the ABS motor pack needed replaced.
- Black window seal pealing.
- Passenger side window stopped working when carrying a heavy load.
- CD knobs all busted, and when you unplug the battery the CD player will lock and you cannot use it until you enter the code. I contacted the dealer for that (make sure you write it down in the manual or somewhere in the car).
- Transmission seems to skip gears when driving uphill in reverse, tranny fluid may need replaced (adding some didn't do squat).
- Steering wheel vibrates rapidly at speeds 60mph and up.
- Windshield fogs very easily, constantly wiping it off in the mornings.
- Power windows will not open and freeze during winter (some nights I will leave them cracked open so I can still use them).
- Although this car had many many problems, it was still reliable, and most of the time was still drivable with the problems it had. I never broke down on the highway or got stranded somewhere.
- Very powerful engine that I have heard is one of the best.
- Comfortable leather seats, and many friends have been comfortable in the rear seats.
- I'd stay away from this car if you don't have the money to put into it.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 2nd October, 2008