2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Reviews - Page 9 of 15

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 3.5L from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5L Automatic

Summary:

Great vehicle

I have been a loyal Olds owner for over 5 years. I have had my Intrigue for 2 years. I had the headlight problem, replaced the battery. Problem gone. I drive my cars to their fullest ability! This car has gone off road on trails, mud pits, water, and everything else. No complaints at all. Its fast, and dependable. It now has 90,000 miles, and I have put 57,000 of those miles on in 2 years. I did have a clunk in the steering. Replaced the intermediate shaft. I was also a GM certified auto tech, so any questions feel free to e-mail me. nathanq1@excite.com.

Review Date: 6th May, 2005

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS Twin Cam from North America

Year of manufacture1999
Engine and transmission Twin Cam Automatic
Previous carDodge Intrepid

Summary:

WAY better then DODGE!!

Ignition problems at 113K. (ignition wires replaced, problem fixed)

Rear Spoiler brake light kept burning out (replaced 4 times, still don't work)

Car would start and die, problem never fixed (would only happen in hot weather)

VERY structurally sound! I got side swiped and took out a light pole with the pole landing on the roof, I walked away!

General Comments:

The car was an absolute CHAMP. It was soo much better riding, driving, and looking then my old Dodge. I loved the car and it liked to be run! Loved the car and would have drivin it til it had 200K on it, but a lady hit me and totaled it out. Bought an 02 and racking up the miles since!

Review Date: 11th April, 2005

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL V6 from North America

Year of manufacture1999
Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carDodge Stratus

Summary:

Remarkable!

Since we have owned our Intrigue we have had no problems with it. It is very good on gas and is also a very comfortable car to ride in.

General Comments:

I really wish that Oldsmobile had not stopped making cars because we would have loved to buy another Intrigue.

Review Date: 30th March, 2005

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS Sterling Edition 3.5L from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5L Automatic
Previous carOldsmobile Intrigue

I bought a second Intrigue after my 99 Intrigue reached 103,000 miles. I guess I was somewhat of a glutton for punishment, but it is such a comfortable car to drive, I couldn't resist, plus I got a loaded model with 15,000 miles for only $15,500.

So far I have had to replace the thermostat for the outside air temp gage (no cost, I have an extended warranty).

My headlights also flicker, but I noticed it only does this when it is cold out, below 30 degrees F. I brought it in to be fixed, but they said they didn't have the same problem.

It is currently in for a gasket that has gone between the exhaust manifold and the engine. I was told they have to drop the engine and the transmission out together in order to fix it, because the space in the engine compartment is so limited.

I am also having them fix the lower steering shaft, which when it goes on this car (and it will, happened on my 99 also) it sounds and feels like knocking in the steering wheel when you go over bumps)

The leather is sub-par, as there are 2 worn spots on the drivers seat. But the seats are the most comfortable of any car I have even been in.

I am definitely glad I bought the extended warranty, as I would have forked out a lot of money by now. I do love the look, handling and comfort of this car. It is too bad there were so many mechanical problems, I could have bought these cars for the rest of my life if Olds was still around.

Review Date: 24th March, 2005

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Distance when acquired82000 miles
Previous carDodge Dakota

Summary:

Overall, a great car

The electric lock switch has started to give me problems. It has not completely gone out, just started to be difficult.

The wheels have a plastic cap in the center that rattles while driving. The local tire shop said that I just needed to replace the wheels because they would always rattle... poor design.

I too have noticed the dimming of the head lights, but I don't think my problem is as bad as others. It is not very noticeable and only happens for a couple seconds.

General Comments:

Otherwise, I love this car and wish they still made them. I drive a lot and for long distances and this car has been a real dream. I have never been stranded or felt worried that I would not make it to my destination. The car has given me zero problems.

The seats are very comfortable and the car rides like a Benz.

The interior was well made and is comfortable for even my 6'5 brother... in the back.

Review Date: 17th February, 2005