2002 Perodua Kelisa GXi 1.0L petrol from Singapore

Summary:

I must have down-graded from previous car comfort

Finally, realized that the car has often been unlocked by others (probably my car remote lock too sensitive or the frequency too common).

General Comments:

I reminded myself I am oversized driver to my car, each time I enter the car.

Perhaps I should have removed the plastic sticking out at the doors for better economy, although engine more powerful and car weigh less than Uno Zest.

Review Date: 19th March, 2006

2005 Perodua Kelisa EZi 1.0 DOHC from Malaysia

Summary:

Great performance and fuel economy

1. The car feels like falling when turning at 40km/h or more.

2. The car vibrates when the car speed reaches 105km/h or when the rp/m reaches 3500rp/m.

3. If I do not shift the gear to N when stopping the car at a traffic light, the car engine will die.

4. The car engine will get overheated when it is driven for a few hours.

General Comments:

The car has a great pickup at a roundabout or at a traffic light.

The fuel consumption is very low although the rp/m is high.

The price is also very reasonable for a 1.0 car. Furthermore, the car has electronic side mirrors.

Review Date: 25th November, 2005

13th Jul 2008, 03:07

Kelisa should not be replaced by viva... total out from that car technology concept... if compare to kelisa and viva, I 100% choose kelisa, by judge its body, after market parts, used parts model variation...

13th May 2009, 00:50

To some extend of exaggeration, I can likened this car as a Malaysian Honda Civic Dolphin or Volkswagen Golf Polo. So far it haven't let me down. There is one particular occasion I'll not forget where I drove through 3ft high flooding and this car just amazingly moving alongside VIGO and what not, left behind VIVA, MYVI, WIRA, SAGA, PESONA; they're engines ceased functioning...

2003 Perodua Kelisa EX from Malaysia

Summary:

Economical, sporty and value for money

Yet to notice anything in particular that are wrong.

General Comments:

The best value for money car. Cheap maintenance and is very practical. Very ideal for city use.

Review Date: 21st April, 2005

23rd Jul 2005, 07:50

Kenari is a horrible looking car. Too boxy.

2002 Perodua Kelisa Ez 1.0 from Singapore

Summary:

Very costly mistake

Power window jammed and rattles.

Cassette deck rattles - replaced with CD player.

Rear folding seat keep knocking when going past potholes.

Exhaust pipe vibrate too much, leaks black oil/water and knocks on bumper when passing humps.

Glove compartment broken after 6 months. (cannot close)

Fan belt makes irritating loud sound for 3-5 minutes when cold starting.

General Comments:

This is simply a luxury mini car considering the price and given the poor quality (S$50,000).

The entire car vibrates too much, more like a massage chair. The front passenger door gap is double of the drivers door. Water seeps in during a car wash. Dash plastics is third world, feels like it's built to last not more than 3-5 yrs. Engine noise is very coarse, sounds like a van's engine. Fuel economy is considered poor for this segment of car.

Suspension is too soft - too much body roll when taking corners.

Suspension is too hard over potholes too so I'm confused whether it is soft or hard? Anyone care to advice over here?

Other than that it is quite powerful, but only because it is not composed (tend to feel faster than actual speed)

Review Date: 22nd December, 2004

14th Jun 2005, 01:11

I drive a Kelisa. Nothing in it is broken yet.

So far, I have not experience any handling problem - rain or dry. It must have been partly due to my driving skill - I presume.

4th Dec 2005, 22:51

Hi.

I was going to buy a kelisa, but after reading your review, I'm thinking about other cars.

Thanks for the warning.

2003 Perodua Kelisa GLX 1.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A sound, reliable and economical car

Wiring (earthing) needed attention at 2500 miles.

General Comments:

This is a lovely car that is economical. After the initial wiring fault had been addressed, the car has proved to be very reliable. Managed a 1000 mile trip around Scotland quite easily.

A little cramped for rear passengers on long journeys.

Review Date: 10th February, 2004