1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8 supercharged from North America

Summary:

Awesome

I recently bought my GTP, it's a 98, and I don't have that many miles on it, only 99k, and honestly I don't have any type of complaints, it's like the best car I ever owned.

Besides being awesome on its looks, the engine is the greatest.

In my opinion, it's the best investment I ever made on a car, and I am planning on keeping it until I get old.

Review Date: 14th December, 2010

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L from North America

Summary:

The Grand Prix GTP has proved to be my dream car

Fogged headlights.. were like that when I got it.

248500 miles.. tranny went out (3rd gear).

Water pump.. cheap fix.

That's all.

General Comments:

I absolutely LOVE it.

It has been my dream car since I was 12.

I am 17 and it's my summer car..

My dad, boyfriend and I have all worked on it..

Some rust. We fixed the rust with great stuff under the side skirts.

I wouldn't trade this car for anything except maybe a jacked up '98 Silverado. It has been very dependable.

If you service your car right, then it will treat you right.

Review Date: 19th October, 2010

20th Oct 2010, 08:15

They make a polish for the headlights. It'll make them look like new again, and it'll be safer driving at night.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP from North America

Summary:

Love the car, however, it's very expensive to maintain

My brakes have went out while I was driving the car.

The misaligned headlights & tail lights have collected moisture.

The sway bar broke & had to be replaced.

There was a crack in the exhaust manifold.

I've had to replace the whole exhaust system.

My radio display only works sometimes.

The volume control on the radio does not work.

The heat stays on in the car at all times.

General Comments:

It's very difficult to keep up on the maintenance, as an 18 year old female with a minimum wage job.

Review Date: 27th August, 2010

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8 V6 SC from North America

Summary:

Cool

Transmission shifts hard and slips. Code 1811 max adapt long shift, and another for the torque converter.

Going to replace the transmission and install a stand alone transmission cooler and a shift kit, as I read on Pontiac Grand Prix forums that this helps with those hard shifts. Hope this helps some people with their transmission questions.

Review Date: 11th June, 2010

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 3.1L V6 from North America

Summary:

Perfect!!!

A strut on the passenger rear side is rattling, and the throttle control sensor, too.

General Comments:

I love my car; I bought the car from my uncle. He drove it for 6 years. I knew it was a good car, but I was skeptical about the mileage. I purchased the car anyway, and I love it. It runs like a new one, and rides pretty fair.

The car has high mileage, but it drives so well! There is no slack in the steering whatsoever!

It has been maintained very well. The only problems I had with it were the strut, and the throttle control sensor. It only cost thirty dollars to fix so I'm not complaining. It's a used car and I can't expect it to run like new.

The car is super nice, but I got rear-ended in December 2009 by a lady driving a 2007 Nissan Maxima; that Nissan was totaled but we drove mine home. It busted out my taillight and dented the quarter panel and busted the bumper. The lady's insurance coverage fixed it. Text messaging was the reason she hit me (she wasn't paying attention). I purchased the car in October and got hit in December; I was so mad!

Anyways, it's a great car and I wouldn't take nothing for it! I love it and I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off! If you come across a car like this with high mileage, don't hesitate to buy it! It will last you forever!!!

Review Date: 13th April, 2010

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 3.8 V6 from North America

Summary:

Great value for the performance

Driver's power window lift.

Wheel bearings.

Water pump.

Radiator.

General Comments:

Bought the car used in 2003 for $5500. Was $25,100 when new. In good condition and had 87,000 miles on it. Great performance for the price. Lots of power.

The most comfortable seats I ever had in a car, and everything is laid out nicely.

At 155,000 miles the radiator sprung a leak and the water pump was replaced at the same time ($800.00).

Shortly before that, the wheel bearings had to be replaced ($231.00 a wheel).

Struts should be changed, but I'm going to replace the car soon. With mileage like this, (currently 164,000) can I really complain? I think not.

The body is in very good condition and has held up well. This is a great car and has been my favorite of any car new or used I ever owned. The 3.8 V6 is an extremely durable engine.

Review Date: 21st August, 2009