2003 Pontiac Sunfire SL Coupe ? from North America

Very reliable, and good on gas!

There was a recall on the signal light, but it was fixed.

New brakes were needed (but that is normal wear and tear)

New Fuel Pump.

New Muffler Strap.

General Comments:

This is a good VERY reliable car, it is a 2003 and has 184,000kms, due to that fact that it is being driven daily from London ON to Sarina and back, and also being used quite a bit for in city driving. We travel a lot in this car.

It is a 2 door; that is one mistake, I would not buy another two door due to the fact that it is small, and if you have kids, getting them in and out of a car seat is a little bit of a hassle.

The front dash board rattles due to the fact that it is plastic... but it is a cheaper car, so what do you expect.

One complaint; it slides in the winter. I am not sure if it is because I do not have snow tires or what??

The dealership has been VERY helpful and very friendly staff! I would definitely buy another Sunfire!

Review Date: 7th April, 2008

12th Apr 2008, 21:49

I found the Sunfire HORRIBLE on gas. I drive for a cab company and they have several Sunfires in the fleet (used mostly when other cars are in for repairs).When I gassed up the Sunfire at the end of my shift, I nearly died! I thought for sure it would be a gas sipper compared to my regular vehicle (Chevy Venture Van). For the same amount of kilometers, the van would have used only $4 more in gas. I talked to a few other drivers (who have driven Sunfires regularly) and they said 4 Cylinder Sunfires burn the same amount of gas as V6 Malibus.

2003 Pontiac Sunfire from North America

Nice car, poor workmanship!

Well, like many 2003 Sunfire owners I have had a problem with my lights, just recently I had no lights AT ALL, but now the problem has been resolved and I'm posting in this forum to help any other Sunfire owners out there who have had the same problem. I took our case to CAMVAP and won, GM replaced the entire wiring harness on the vehicle. The technician who inspected the car (at the arbiter's request) stated this is a well known safety issue (like we all don't know that) and that replacement not repair is the remedy recommended.

If anyone needs further information I can provide details, the cases are not subject to confidentiality and I'd be more than happy to help someone else get their vehicle repaired at GM's expense. It's a long process (a couple of months) but you can win if you prepare correctly. Don't let GM get away with this!!!

Contact me at dancingqueen108@hotmail.com, my name's Lisa and as I said I'd be willing to share how I won my case with any other Sunfire owner in similar circumstances.

Review Date: 8th January, 2008

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L from North America

Great Fun Reliable Car

Nothing that hasn't been covered under warranty except front brakes last October at 55000 Km.

Things that have been covered under warranty: replaced tail light, driver's side mirror, repaired trunk release, repaired skip in the radio.

Never a problem with the engine or transmission. Always starts even in Ottawa's (-40C) winters.

General Comments:

This has been a fantastic, fun to drive, little car.

With the 5 speed, this 140 Horse puppy likes the open road. And it's great in the city too; it sure is easy to park.

It's great on gas... I'm getting over 30 mpg.

It's small enough that I can wash and wax it in a couple of hours, yet roomy enough that the family (wife and 2 children) drove to Florida and back. OK, OK, that was a bit cramped especially with all the suitcases.

Love the dash layout... everything is easy to see. And the orange is pretty kewl at night.

Overall, I love the car. Hope to be enjoying it for the next 10 years. For any one looking for a small fun car, it's the best value on the road.

Review Date: 25th May, 2007