2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Nice look and feel, but Poor Quality

1. Tail light problem resolved by recall when under warranty.

2. Right side low beam problem resolved with wiring harness fix while under warranty.

3. Now, both high beam lamps are not working. Looks like wiring harness again, but this time will be out of pocket if I get it fixed. Mechanic mentioned the frequency of this problem for the car.

General Comments:

I won't buy a Pontiac again. I am lucky not to have had the A/C problems and other problems that others have had, YET!

Review Date: 17th August, 2006

2003 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2.2 from North America

Summary:

Average

Headlights, running lights and wiring harness problems. I had a problem with the headlights also, and was told it was a bad switch.

3 days later I had problems with the fog driving lights not working. Was then told it is the wiring harness. A common problem with the Sunfires. Water gets in the harness and causes the wiring to short out. The total cost so far about $400.00 and this is going on the fourth time to have fixed again.

I would like to know if anyone has contacted an attorney about a class action suit, if a recall is not conducted and cost reimbursed? I am currently looking into a way to make contacts available to all interested parties.

General Comments:

Nice riding car, good power, just some poor quality issues.

Review Date: 9th July, 2006

13th Nov 2006, 06:36

I have had numerous problems with 2003 sunfire. I was told this was related to wiring harness corrosion. I was further told that it is chronic and will return due to the design.

I will dump the car, as I cannot be in another town with no headlights to get home at night.

2003 Pontiac Sunfire from North America

Summary:

I love this car, I will drive it until the wheels practically fall off

The only thing that has ever gone wrong was a recall from the manufacturer on an electrical plug seal. Other than that, I have had absolutely no problems.

General Comments:

I LOVE my Sunfire. It was my first car when I was a junior in high school and I'm about to finish my first year of college. I know I will drive this car until I cannot afford to keep it going. I've never had any problems. I've never had to take it in to a mechanic or anything else, other than the recall I mentioned before. Performance is great. I can move in and out of traffic with ease and never feel like I'm dragging. It's a fun little car. I'm an art student, so the fact that the seats fold down is wonderful. You'll be surprised on how much you can actually fit into this car. And it is possible to travel in this car. I've traveled from state to state before with friends or family and have never had any issues. My car is great, and I would advice anyone to purchase one.

Review Date: 25th April, 2006

2003 Pontiac Sunfire from North America

Summary:

I would not buy another 2003 Pontiac Sunfire

The motor is ticking at 38,000 km.

The fog lights stick on and will not turn off unless the fuse is taken out.

The interior light sticks on.

The radio does not turn off when the car door opens.

It has a poor quality paint job.

General Comments:

This car is uncomfortable.

However it does have a nice interior and a nice shape to the car.

I would not buy another Pontiac Sunfire because of the problems that I have had with this 2003. It seems that I am at the garage every second week with this car.

Review Date: 15th January, 2006

29th May 2006, 08:31

Looks like you got a lemon, because I have not had any of the problems you describe with my sunfire.

22nd Sep 2006, 18:11

I own a 2003 Sunfire and I new had nothing, but trouble. I had it 2 days and the fuel pump went and now when I start it in the mornings its spudders for about 30 seconds. The radio gave out and the motor is ticking at 27000kms.JUNK.