2003 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe 2.2 Ecotec from North America

This car is reliable, great on gas, very fun, and perfect for cruising!

Battery died a year and a few months after I got it. Thankfully, I was still able to drive it to Wal-Mart to get it replaced!

Fuel pump went out a couple of months later. The cost to replace it was $600 USD.

Other than these two minor problems, this car has been very reliable and easy on gas.

General Comments:

Very nice looking car! Great mileage! 2.2-liter Ecotec isn't beastly, but is sufficient and peppy for a four-cylinder.

The exterior sparkles with beaming red paint and electrifying chrome wheels. The chrome-tipped dual exhaust that came stock on this model makes it a cut above the bland economy cars that cover America's roads. The standard Sunfire spoiler enhances the stunning curves on this car. Cat-eye headlights and funky taillights help give the Sunfire it's sporty edge.

The interior is nice, and the seats are still in great condition, with no rips or tears. The air vents are easy to move and rotate and spin in all directions. The air conditioning is ice cold and the heat is hot!

Space in this car is good for the driver and front passenger, but rear space is limited for feet and knees. Head room is quite sufficient, however, due to the car's bubble-like roof.

Compared to other popular coupes, the Sunfire's rear-seating is superior. I've ridden in the back of my car before (ridiculous, I know) and I would choose it over my friend's Mustang's back seat any day! This is one of the reasons I chose my Sunfire over my other choices. For a small Coupe, the rear seats are sufficient for one, two, or three people (but I must admit, three people is do-able but quite cramped).

The driver seat is equipped with lumbar (which adjusts the lower back portion of the seat by pushing it out or bringing it in) and it squeaks when it is pushed back. The seats are low to the ground, which help give the Sunfire a sporty feel.

Well sought-after options, such as the CD player and power sunroof, enhance the riding enjoyment. Sadly, while the sunroof and door locks are powered, the windows are not. What the heck?!?

Trunk is spacious. The 60/40 fold down back seats give more options for carrying people and equipment.

Keyless entry and alarm system makes getting in and out, along with protecting your car and everything inside, that much easier.

About a year ago, the area I live in had an awful storm system move through our area. Hail fell, and caused dents all over my beautiful car! The insurance company wound up totaling it, but we bought it back from them considering the hail did nothing to damage the drive-ability of my car, and I needed reliable transportation. Even though I love this car, the hail damage bothers me and I intend to sell it somewhere in the near future. If it wasn't for this, I would continue driving it for at least a few more years.

Driving this car on warm, sunny days with the windows down, sunroof open, and music blasting.. well, that's pure bliss for me.

Review Date: 24th March, 2009

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 4 door 2.2 from North America

Car creaks and moans, fuel pump went, radio stays on after car locked up.

Interior looks like Mexican wallpaper.

General Comments:

The only reason I bought this car was the price was right.

It just goes to show you... You get what you pay for.

I wanted a Corvette and bought a Chevette.

Review Date: 7th March, 2009

2003 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2 EcoTec from North America

It's not my truck, but it gets the job done

Front brake pads at 20,255.

Front brake pads at 35,000.

Alignment and a new rear axle because a moron hit me at 42,000.

Front brake pads at 45,000.

Front brake pads at 50,200. Apparently it does not like expensive brakes, because I went through the ceramic brakes fast.

General Comments:

Car is marginally fast, but you will still get blown away by every V8 on the road unless they just plain can't drive.

I can dust most automatic V6's regardless of the platform.

It's not my truck, but it get the job done for my daily commute into the city.

Review Date: 16th February, 2009