I love this car. When I first got it, I was expecting a boring drive, but the car grew on me a lot, and next thing you know, I take a lot of pride in my Saturn.
The good :
- FUEL ECONOMY! 40L will get me 700+ km on the highway cruising at 125 to 130 km/h.
- Acceleration won't compare to a BMW, but for 100 horsepower at the crank, it has no issues keeping up and passing a Civic, Integra, Focus, or even a Mazda 3.
- Plenty of torque!
- Cruises at about 130km/h, not damn bad for 100 horses!
- Gets to top speed pretty quick 166km/h, but if it wasn't for the governor, I know this car could easily do 200+ km/h.
- When foot to the floor, it doesn't sound too pleasing, but open the air box, pull out the little black tube, and move the air intake sensor just before the air box and it has a cold air intake sound, and actually feels a little more responsive, and sounds great.
- Has plenty of passing power if you step on it at 90 km/h.
- You can easily fool your friends that it's a 5 speed, because you can shift the tranny and actually chirp the tires from first to second in this automatic :)
- DENT AND RUST RESISTANT :)
- THIRD DOOR!
- Plenty of cargo space when seats folded down, I fit a 42" plasma in my trunk in the box with no problem. And that third door makes everything that much easier for anything.
- CHECK YOUR OIL EVERY TANK OF GAS! A lot of Saturns with the 1.9L SOHC/DOHC love to eat oil up. Saturn even said it's normal and it has a 2.5 L tolerance per 2500KM, but most will take 2L every 5000KM, so check it and you're fine!!!
- Front seats are uncomfortable after driving for 6 hours straight, and your butt will go numb
- Lots of road noise
- Governed at 166 km/h :(
- 185/65/14 tires, too narrow for this car. I changed mine over to 195/60/14, it made a HUGE difference, and it hugs the road!
- Lots of body roll and flex, but easily fixed with front strut mount sway bar! :)
- Suspension is too soft for this sports coupe
- Back seat isn't buddy friendly if they are over 5 foot 8!