1994 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.2 from North America

Very reliable car

General Comments:

I bought this Subaru Legacy Wagon for $500 USD. I was told that the transmission needed to be replaced, but after getting an opinion from my mechanic, I was told that the car just needed a new clutch. Got a reconstructed Subaru clutch for $140 dollars. I paid another $100 to get it installed and the car has been running great. The person who sold me the Subaru, kept track of all the maintenance work done to the vehicle and gave me all the receipts, and also included a log book. I haven't had any issues with the car and runs OK.

The car runs great in mud since it's AWD. I am planning to continue servicing this car, and plan to drive it until it dies or I die.

I am very happy with my 1994 Subaru, and I believe that I already recovered my $500 dollars invested in the vehicle. I've been driving it 120 miles per day, 4 days per week, and it runs great.

Review Date: 7th August, 2009

1994 Subaru Legacy RS twin turbo petrol from Kenya

Excellent car

Nothing has gone wrong with the car since I bought it. I service it regularly. It is a very reliable and fast car in my view.

The interior however needs some work i.e. the steering is torn.

Front seats need to be stitched up a bit on the edges.

General Comments:

The car is very fast and it handles very well in corners at speeds of about 100kph-120kph.

Review Date: 18th July, 2009

1994 Subaru Legacy LS 2.2L gasoline from North America

Great balance between fuel economy, performance, reliability and maintenance - great little car.

Radiator had crack in it, which obviously caused overheating issues.

Main seal was causing leak.

Timing belt cylinder had to be broken off, since it was rusted on, was fine in itself, but had to get to main seal.(seal was 9 bucks at dealership, and cylinder was 30 at dealer).

General Comments:

The car seems very quick for a 4 cylinder, and I'm the first person in 14 years/194000 miles to change spark plugs, which the car is quicker now with.

This car is amazing, extremely reliable, almost no maintenance work has been done on the engine, and I'm amazed with how good of shape the engine/transmission are in.

Interior of car is cheap, but comfortable.

Engine is non interference engine, so you'll never have to worry taking belt off to do work. If you get timing wrong, pistons and valves can't hit each other, so you can readjust without worry.

Review Date: 20th June, 2008

1994 Subaru Legacy RS 2.0L Twin turbo from Australia and New Zealand

Very underrated

Replaced the fuel pump.

Air flow meter.

General Comments:

Have heavily modified this car, although keeping the twin turbo set up.

Have chucked on a HKS front mount intercooler.

Sports exhaust system.

2 new much bigger turbos.

Boost control.

Engine basics such as performance air filter BOV etc.

High performance automatic computer.

500HP fuel pump.

Other various minor mods.

For everyone with the automatic version of this car, don't let it stop you modding. This particular model has exactly the same specs as its manual friend, and they are friends (Refer to http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2775/article.html)

I purchased this car stock and it was no slug, although smaller turbos than the later models, and it's significantly lighter. It handles brilliantly.

With all mods listed complete, the car has gained over 100 horsepower.

Instead of buying a B4 for $12-$15K, buy an RS for $4-$6K, spend the rest on mods, and the B4 will suddenly become less attractive.

Review Date: 10th December, 2007

1994 Subaru Legacy L 2.2 4 Cylinder from North America

Great car with good performance and excellent gas mileage

When I first got it, it would not start and I thought that it was either the starter or alternator. Turned out, it was just crusted up battery acid on the battery connectors.

General Comments:

I have tuned up the car with a Spectre Poweradder air filter and a Dynomax Performance muffler. I love this car now, and I hope to make it into a street car.

Review Date: 6th December, 2007