1994 Subaru Legacy GT 2.0 turbo from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

I will never own another one again!!!

Auto failure (No "D") at 92000km was replaced by the dealer. Took 6 weeks to do so though!

Water pump ($90) at 110000km followed by the radiator ($350) about 2 days later.

Melted No4 piston at 135000km (New long block $1500). Did the cambelt and all the idlers and tensioners ($400) at same time.

New steering rack ends at 137000km ($55).

New bottom rear bushes on front suspension arms ($125).

Now it appears that a wheel bearing is on its way out by the sound of it.

This car has cost me a lot of money over the last 2 years. I have save heaps by doing all the labour myself.

General Comments:

On the good side, it handles well and is reasonably quick. I still enjoy driving it.

The interior is well appointed, with everything within easy reach.

Review Date: 21st July, 2007

1994 Subaru Legacy L AWD 1.5 from North America

Summary:

Well worth it

Battery life due to burglar alarm.

Irregular tire wear-out.

General Comments:

Awesome car for what it's worth. Absolutely reliable, near zero maintenance. No major issues.

I got it for $500 from an uncle who owned it for 12 years and never rode it too far. I didn't expect it to last over a year - drove it thousands of miles, yet it has literally no issues.

I've made more money from the car (while not actively running errands) than what its worth. The only problem is the worthless alarm he installed that drains the battery if left in for a week.

Brakes seem to be wearing a bit lately, alignment is a bit off, tires have uneven wear, radio deteriorating.

Fairly comfortable rides, no noise, good heating, good lights, no leaks, no major issues at all.

If it were a Ford by now, it would've blown. Both my uncle and me certainly recommend Subaru.

Review Date: 28th November, 2006

1994 Subaru Legacy GT turbo from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Dream to drive recommend to any one any day

After 2 weeks of having this car, I had to get the engine rebuilt due to me not warming it up long enough and several different reasons.

Transmission blew and was rebuilt 3 weeks later.

2 weeks after that a faulty torque converter was found.

1 week after that the front strut fell out due to having installed adjustable suspension which hadn't been put in correctly by mechanic.

General Comments:

The car seems to fly and handles like a dream. seems to have a lot of power under the bonnet. beats some Rex's that have been modified. The only modifications I have done to my Subaru is of course the big bore goes first you just have to love that rumble of a Subaru, and a pod filter. car seems to be running high boost at 19 or 20 psi. I am unsure y, but am loving it. very spacious and is a dream to drive. only downfall of having the Subaru is to much under the hood best let the professionals deal with it.

Review Date: 29th January, 2006

1994 Subaru Legacy GT turbo petrol from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Below average

Radiator blew.

Fuel pump stopped working.

Still leaking anti-freeze.

Chews through the petrol.

General Comments:

This car has been serviced every six months, to keep the mechanical warranty valid.

I am so disappointed in this car. However it is very comfortable and it suits my family, with all the space.

Review Date: 3rd September, 2005

1994 Subaru Legacy GT 2.0 Twin turbo from Japan

Summary:

Beautiful cruising car

Front brake pads had to be changed. Extensive oil leaks in the engine had to be fixed which cost a lot of money.

Drivers door skin loose and rattled a lot.

Air flow sensor-VERY expensive.

General Comments:

An absolutely great car to drive! It really was nice and a great cruiser. Performance was OK, but these are not light cars so there was some sluggishness. Great for over-taking and highway driving, but not so great for heavy city driving. The biggest thing for me was the fuel consumption- terrible. It was hard to enjoy the car when you are constantly checking the fuel level. Also the fuel tank was too small for long trips, max distance was only 300km. Maintenance was very expensive as subaru's are hard to work on. I loved driving my car, but would not get another one.

Review Date: 27th July, 2005