2008 Toyota Camry LE 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Good commuter, good gas mileage

The car has been great, however recently at around 48000 miles, my driver's side sun visor broke. It actually had to be removed, because it was dangling in front of me, blocking my view of the highway.

I am the original owner and the only driver, so I know the way the car is treated. I have a 01 Ford F250 with over a 100K on it, and guess what? No problems, and the sun visor still works. And I have been hard on that vehicle as a work horse. That's OK though, things are poorly designed, however the problem I have is that Toyota will not back up poor workmanship and replace the visor.

So due to poor service, I won't be buying another Toyota. Hyundai offers a 100K mile warranty. I think I'll buy one of those for my next commuter. It's not like I'm asking for a new transmission. They lost a great customer over a sun visor. Poor management.

General Comments:

The car was good. Horrible customer care and service. If they cared, they would stand behind poor workmanship. The sun visor was made out of weak, brittle plastic.

Review Date: 7th July, 2011

20th Jul 2011, 16:40

I totally agree with the comment/complaint, for I have experienced the same thing (Camry 2008), and I almost got into an accident just trying to fix it. I went to a Toyota and ask them to replace or maybe repair it, but they said it's out of warranty, and yet it's only a month beyond three years, and the mileage is not even 50,000 yet. I have been a loyal Toyota customer, but not anymore; might as well switch to Honda, since their service is a lot better, and more consideration is given to the customer. I know, for I have a Honda also.

30th Nov 2012, 15:33

I had bad luck with Toyota and Honda after 2000. We bought a Mazda 6 and a Mazda 3 Touring. Even the 3 model is loaded with amenities. I recommend the Touring vs the new Sport model. It's amazing for its size.

2008 Toyota Camry V6 from North America

Summary:

Overrated TRASH

Power windows quit working except the passenger rear.

Transmission has been slipping since 15k miles (Toyota seems to think slipping transmissions are normal).

Leather seats are cracked.

Dash is cracking.

Stereo isn't "stereo" any more.

Exhaust hangs low.

Trunk leaked water badly, fixed under warranty.

Bad gas mileage since new. dealer said it normal to get 25mpg on the highway.

Drivers door hits the roof when closing, causing rust.

Check engine light comes on when it wants, never has any codes. dealer doesn't see a problem.

All 02 sensors replaced at 10k miles.

Eats brakes like no tomorrow.

Timing belt broke, taking the head and the motor with it at 37k miles. out of warranty and $6k later.

General Comments:

I loved this car at first. All of my friends told me to buy a Toyota because they last forever.

My Buick had 200k miles and had no problems, and it got 35mpg. This Toyota has been nothing but a headache. The dealer has never been helpful, they have always had a waiting list to work on the car, and then a waiting list to get parts. I will never buy another Toyota again. My next car will be another Buick.

Review Date: 17th June, 2009

18th Jun 2009, 09:49

Yeah, you are way better off with your Buick. I'm sorry the hype got you, it got me too :( Good news is that my Camry is out the door tomorrow!

18th Jun 2009, 13:02

"Yeah, you are way better off with your Buick. I'm sorry the hype got you, it got me too : (Good news is that my Camry is out the door tomorrow!"

People are FINALLY waking up. Buick has J.D. Powers number one slot for highest buyer satisfaction (beating out Lexus) and Ford's Fusion is the highest rated car in reliability in Consumer Reports ratings (beating out Camry and Accord).

I've been amazed at the HUGE number of new Ford Fusions in our area. Not a single day goes by that I don't see yet ANOTHER one with a new drive-out tag just in my neighborhood. The used car lot at our local Ford dealers is overflowing with Camrys, Accords and other traded-in imports. I'm very happy to see that not everyone regards patriotism as a laughing matter any more. Maybe buying ALL our products from U.S. companies will return our country to prosperity once more, and the pride of supporting our own businesses will result in a better life for all of us.