1993 Toyota Corolla 1.5 from North America

Summary:

The most reliable/dependable car in the world!!!

Water Pump at 155,000.

Brakes at 160,000.

Outside of normal wear & tear NOTHING!!

General Comments:

I must agree with the majority of those who have left positive feedback in regard to the outstanding reliability that is behind the Toyota name.

I was a desperate college student in need of a reliable/dependable car to get me back and forth from school to home. I purchased my corolla with 155,000 miles on it!!! Still today this baby is running strong, it's caused no problems and $ 10 gets me through the week.(over 30 mpg) My girlfriend has one too and her car has 260,000 miles on it and shows no signs of stopping. If you’re looking for a dependable car that is maintenance free and has the best fuel efficiency. LOOK NO FURTHER.

Review Date: 4th April, 2006

1993 Toyota Corolla 1.6 SE-G 1.6 4A-FE from Indonesia

Summary:

The great car as its name: Great Corolla

Changed the tie rod and other relevant components

Problems with air conditioning system.

General Comments:

The car is very reliable and easy to handle

The cabin is quite roomy and large.

The car is great as in Indonesia, it is known as Great Corolla.

I have used this car for almost 10 years without any significant problems.

It is very economical and almost problems-free car.

Review Date: 4th January, 2006

1993 Toyota Corolla GLi 1.3 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Amazingly reliable, Toyota won my heart

Nothing.

General Comments:

This car is by far the best car I have ever owned. No headaches, no costs, nothing. My 2.0 V6 is a headache to keep running compared to the corolla. The corolla needed nothing doing, all I did was serviced it myself every few months and just drove, drove and drove. It started in any weather the second I ticked the key. Oil consumption was nothing, fuel economy is the best I have ever seen and its boot was huge! No wonder it is planet earth's best selling car.

Review Date: 4th October, 2005

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 1.8 from North America

Summary:

Zippy and fun to drive

Not a whole lot of stuff has went wrong with this car, there has been the common things like brakes, bulbs etc... I did have the clutch replaced and the water-pump last year. The car still runs like a champ and doesn't burn any oil at all.

General Comments:

I love my "rolla" my little car is very zippy with the 5-speed I can snake up through the mountains with no trouble at all, the gas mileage is great as well. I will never part with this little beauty as long as she will still go!

Review Date: 23rd March, 2005

1993 Toyota Corolla DX from North America

Summary:

Buy it and you will save a lot money

Replace alternator at 90,000 miles.

Replace starter at 110,000 miles.

General Comments:

The is a very reliable car and it still has the original muffler and exhaust pipe after driving 130,000 miles. It saves a lot money for me.

Review Date: 17th March, 2005

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 1.8L from North America

Summary:

Long lasting great value

Clutch replaced at 145K miles. Air conditioning failed at 180K miles. Rear speakers blew at 200K miles. All other repairs have been just standard wear and tear. Replaced the radio/tape player with a CD player.

General Comments:

Love this car! At 245,000 miles it has never left me stranded. Started to look at other vehicles, but reading other manufacturer's reviews. I think sticking with Toyota's are the way to go.

Review Date: 8th January, 2005

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 1.8 from North America

Summary:

I love it!

Replaced Alternator at 120,000.

Replaced timing chain at 178,000.

Replaced water pump 200,000.

Power sun roof motor starting to die out at 205,000.

General Comments:

The overall drive is very smooth, but the seat could be a little more comfortable.

I have raced my Corolla against a couple of Honda's around the same year and have beat them several times.

My car still runs great, all I have done is kept up on the oil changes, and its still running with over 200,000 miles on it.

Review Date: 3rd December, 2004

9th Mar 2005, 15:54

Sorry, the car has a timing belt. not a chain.

2nd Dec 2010, 14:10

Yeah, I was going to point that out. Also to note, these 4a-fe (1.6L) and 7a-fe (1.8L) engines use a "gear slave" or something like that to run both the DOHC's. What it means is that the timing belt does not run both camshafts, only one camshaft (the exhaust I believe) and the other camshaft (intake) is run off of the exhaust cam with the gear that is run by the timing belt. There are a few pictures of this set-up if you look for them.

Also, as far as I've researched, these are NON-INTERFERENCE engines. Meaning that the chances of the valves hitting the pistons upon belt failure is relatively low, not impossible I suppose, just low.

1996 Prizm Auto. 202,000mi. and newly acquired 1994 Prizm Manual 171,000mi.