2007 Toyota Matrix Reviews - Page 3 of 3

2007 Toyota Matrix XR from North America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Previous carToyota Corolla

Summary:

Few issues so far. Fun to drive

The Goodyear tires that come with the car slide and spin often. While accelerating from a stop the wheels will spin if the road is slightly wet. I never had this issue with my Michelin's on my Corolla.

When I got the car there were marks on the trunk hatch that had to be buffed out.

The bumper protector had been done wrong and had to be removed and redone.

The cup holder is awkward as it's at the floor level yet the arm rest is high and in the way of your arm to reach your cup.

The window control location is poorly designed as you need to tuck your elbow into your ribs to get your hand to meet up with the controls.

The driver's side door sounds 'tinny' when closed as if it were hollow rather than a solid door like the others.

General Comments:

This car may be too powerful for its weight and combined with poor tires the often-spinning front tires prevail.

It looks good inside and the back-folding seats were a selling point. I got a trailer hitch, but an weary of being able to pull anything as adding weight to the back of the car will mean the front tires would spin even more.

Review Date: 16th February, 2007

1st Apr 2007, 21:02

I love my matrix!!

It's roomy and a blast to drive.

27th Jul 2007, 18:31

Bought my Matrix 2 days ago. My other car is a Mercedes 320E.Wanted a smaller runabout as a 2nd car. Now my husband and I are fighting over who will drive the Matrix. The car is roomy and the visibility is terrific. We aren't planning long trips; for our needs the Matrix hits the spot! I especially like the simplicity of the controls, cruise control, dial tuning on the radio, air conditioner. I am 5ft.2" and my husband is 6ft 2", yet the car has head room for him and the seat adjusts high high enough for me.

Rwtpl@aol.com.