1986 Toyota Pickup 4x4 pick up 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Its the best truck to have

Nothing.

General Comments:

This truck is really great and I have had no problems with it.

Review Date: 8th March, 2007

1986 Toyota Pickup 22R from North America

Summary:

This is a wonderful and reliable vehicle

I have had 2 oil leaks in the engine, one in the front seal, and one in the oil pan.

The guard broke off the passenger side pressure vent.

Clutch sometimes doesn't completely separate, and transmission can be difficult to get into 3rd when shifting down. Also, reverse has given me some issues... but that comes from the clutch issue.

Throttle cable has broken twice since purchase, but was an easy and cheap fix.

General Comments:

Overall, a wonderful truck, and built extremely well.

Has plenty of low-end power, but is sometimes difficult on the interstate getting it up to speed.

At interstate speeds, sometimes doesn't feel too stable in handling.

Cab can be uncomfortable for someone over 6 feet.

Handles wonderfully in snow, ice, and other low-traction situations. Also a wonderful truck for off-road driving.

Everyone I know loves this truck, and I get many compliments a day.

It doesn't get the best of gas mileage... but not bad either.

I love this vehicle... and I plan to drive it for many hundreds of thousands of miles more. Glad to still be the original owner, and plan to stay that way!

Review Date: 15th September, 2005

13th May 2006, 22:21

397,458 miles and still going for me 1986 extended cab 22re. You can't go wrong with a Toyota.

20th Apr 2007, 06:26

I am original owner of a 1986 Toyota pickup with auto transmission and 287,000 miles. Like the famous bunny battery it just keeps going and going and going...

16th Sep 2010, 20:24

Have one with 318,000 on it... still runs good. Hope it lasts!!!

1986 Toyota Pickup Short Bed 2.2 from North America

Summary:

This is one Super pickup truck

At 55,000 the clutch went around the same time the Front Caliper went and the calipers went again, at about 82,000. Now it sounds like the thorow out bearing needs replacement, as it cannot be greased. And the regulator on the driver window went bad. But never left me stranded and always starts.

General Comments:

If the clutch is popped it lays wheels all throughout First Gear and 'chirps' if popped into second. Except for hoses and belt, and above meantione items, all else is new, on the p/u when I drove it off the lot in '86 I am the original owner. It cost me $5800 in October 1986.

Review Date: 9th February, 2005

18th Mar 2010, 14:32

I'm gonna spend 5500.00 for one tomorrow!

7th Oct 2013, 16:23

1986 Toyota 2wd 22R, long bed Red... It's a simple, clean, and mechanically sound running machine without all that computer crap. Original miles at 245,000 miles and running strong. I bought this used in 1989, had 60,000 on it. Getting ready to change my timing chain for the second time since owning my beloved Toyota Truck. I paid cash, 4,5000.00 back then, and have never ever had a car payment in my life... Whoa...

9th Oct 2013, 07:21

Considering that a new Toyota pickup started at around $6K back in 1986, paying $5500 for a 24 year old one doesn't sound like such a great deal.

9th Oct 2013, 12:40

These trucks hold their value because they are amazingly well-built. I have a 17 year old Tacoma myself, and even with over 250,000 miles, it's still valued at around $5,000.

14th Oct 2013, 14:01

Wonder if my 57 Corvette has held its value since it was new?

1986 Toyota Pickup deluxe longbed 22r from North America

Summary:

Why can't GM be this good?

When I got it, the truck had been in an accident, so I had to replace a radiator, fender and hood. The power steering pulley was bent, but it hasn't been fixed or let me down yet. I had to rebuild the starter. Regular things like brake pads and belts and tune up stuff, wires, plugs, rotor and cap, fuel filter...

General Comments:

A reliable truck, at 18 years old. rust is its only downfall. I've had to patch and mend and paint the rust away mostly from the back bed. The 22r is supernaturally reliable, and it gets good gas mileage as well. The 5 speed transmission is very good too. Not a very fast ride, but will always get you home.

Review Date: 15th August, 2004