2005 Toyota Sienna LE 3.3 from North America

Lots of Space/powerful ideal for long distances

Just some noise from the sliding door driver side.

General Comments:

Great car with lots of power. The transmission / engine are very well tuned to each other and everything is in harmony. Space is enormous and you are traveling first class in the front and in the 2nd row. I would like to ship/take this car back to Europe, but unfortunately they don't sell it there so I expect difficulties at repair and to meet EU standard for lights etc.

Review Date: 12th March, 2006

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited AWD from North America

Great car, bad tires for this vehicle

Tires are worn excessively on edges.

Tires are feathering.

General Comments:

This is my second Sienna. I had a 2004 prior to this. I absolutely love the vehicle, as I did with my first Sienna. I upgraded to the All-Wheel-Drive model because I live in a location that does not clear snow from the roads quickly. I have been very happy with my van, until my mechanic told me that my tires are wearing badly on the edges and they are feathering. I am no tire expert, and even I can see that they are worn. I have had the tire pressure checked and I have had them rotated. I am going to my local dealer and I hope this can be resolved.

Review Date: 8th July, 2005

9th Jul 2005, 04:28

I have a RAV4 and the tires are feathering too. I bumped the pressure up to 35 pounds from 30 pounds and it seems to be helping the wear pattern so far. At first I thought the alignment was off from the factory and it still may be, but I'm trying this approach first on recommendation from my dealer.

10th Nov 2005, 10:49

I also have a 2005 Sienna XLE Limited AWD. I was worried about tire wear, because I live on a really awful dirt road and these runflat tires are expensive to replace. I've put 20,000 miles on the car in 10 months (I commute 50 miles roundtrip) and have no unusual wear patterns at all. I'm actually impressed with the tires--I had to replace the ones on my Subaru Forester every year.

To tell you the truth, I'm impressed with everything about this car except the front passenger seat. That "big brother" stuff under it takes up a lot of room, and I assume it's the reason the seat doesn't go up & down like the driver side does. I love the car anyway!

29th Jun 2006, 05:34

We just got a 2006 Sienna XLE Limited, and we love it. This is our first minivan, so it'll take time to get used to it. Yes, it's loaded with every bell and whistle. As for the tires, well we'll see how things go. Other than that, this will be our family friend for quite some time. It rides beautifully and handles great.

2005 Toyota Sienna LE Gas from North America

Good from Excellent

General Comments:

I'm trouble by the fact that this Run Flat feature on my Sienna LE AWD is going to cost me time and money.

Have Odyssey owners experienced similar issues with the Michelin PAX system.

Can the stock 17" rims be fitted with a non-run flat tire?

Review Date: 12th April, 2005

25th Jul 2005, 12:47

I bought a 2004 Toyota Sienna in October 2003. They have Bridgestone Run Flats' that have worn out in less than half the mileage of any tires that I have ever owned. They cost over twice as much as conventional 17" tires. The Run Flat rims will not accomodate conventional tires. Worst of all, I was not able to "run flat" at more than 30 miles per hour.

I am currently petitioning my Toyota dealer, and Bridgstone (Firestone) Tire to provide me with conventional rims for my imminent tire replacement.

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 6-cylinder from North America

Our Sienna is very nice, but it smells like burning plastic

The car has an odd smell in it like burning plastic. We're calling the dealer about it today. It's my first new car and it has leather seats. So, I initially thought the smell was normal either because it was new or because of the seats. I have to roll down the windows to air it out while I'm driving.

Review Date: 20th December, 2004