2005 Toyota Sienna LE 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Great car for a family truck

The rear hatch support strut leaked and wouldn't hold up the door, replaced under warranty.

General Comments:

Great car, my first Toyota, Used to only buy american, but after replacing two Chevy transmissions in about 5 years, we thought it was time for a change. We have not been disappointed in the Toyota.

Just our local service is lacking.

Review Date: 4th July, 2007

2005 Toyota Sienna LE w/Leather Package 3.3 from North America

Summary:

Luxurious and spacious people mover that drives like a car

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

- Toyota has designed the Sienna very thoughtfully. Not only does it look great outside with a look that is less boxy than some of the other models out on the market, but, the interior is very attractive also.

- Seats are very comfortable, especially in leather trim. heated seats are slow to warm up, but, the adjustable setting is very useful.

- Quality and feel of materials is excellent.

- On the downside, there are a few annoying noises that can be heard frequently from both driver and passenger window seals. Another source of noise appears to be some rattling from captain seats when there is no occupant. These are relatively minor nuisances that don't reduce the pleasure of driving this vehicle in a very significant manner.

- Folding of rear seats is very easy and creates huge cargo space. With seats up, trunk area is still very large and can hold several bags of groceries.

- Another minor annoying characteristic of this minivan is that as soon as you start it, the engine RPM hovers over 1000 RPMs for a few minutes before slowly coming down to around 600 RPMs. This happens even in very warm weather.

- Expecting that this van will prove to be as reliable as stated by Consumer Reports and other reviewers.

Review Date: 27th May, 2007

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD from North America

Summary:

Great car except for the run flat tires

Tires. The run flat tires do not hold up. Toyota changed them out free at 25,000 miles and they are cupping and feathering on the inside of the rear tires again. We have rotated them as required and all work has been done by the Toyota dealer, but the problem still is there. We are waiting to see what they will do to help with this problem next. The rear doors also rattle a lot for a van. Everything in this car is great except for the rattles in the rear doors and the bad run flat tires with the AWD system. I do not know if it is the tires or the AWD system that is causing the tire failure.

Review Date: 22nd May, 2007

2005 Toyota Sienna LX 3.3 V6 from North America

Summary:

Loads of room, loads of power, loads of fun, good on gas

I have had no issues with this car.

General Comments:

As soon as we bought this car we put 1300 miles on it driving from Central California to Boise Idaho. I loaded it with two toddlers, a pregnant wife and all of our luggage and still managed a respectable average of 30 miles to the gallon. The Sienna just flew over I-80 and Donner Pass with hardly any major down shifting.

With the rear seats down and the 2nd row removed the cargo area is cavernous. It would make a perfect impromptu tent for a camping trip and if I ever need to transport a fridge or some 2x4s, there is more than enough room.

For it's size it handles very well. Even better than our 2002 Santa Fe GLS and I thought THAT car was a great handler.

Review Date: 20th May, 2007

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Do not purchase

The run flat tires are not any good, and after being replaced by Toyota for free at 30000 miles, they are bald and the right front is losing air? The dealer says 36/36 is the warranty and I am on my own?

This is my 3rd Sienna, 5th Toyota, and my last toyota ever.

Do not purchase an AWD with run flats (standard equiptment). You will be sorry with the $675 for replacements over and over. They last 12000 miles or less.

General Comments:

The quality of the product is high, but the tire choice is dismal.

Review Date: 21st February, 2007