2005 Toyota Sienna LE from North America

Summary:

Great car for families and long distance drives

Tires at 40000 miles which is normal.

Recently the airbag warning light came on.

Other than that, nothing!

General Comments:

Great car specially for kids and cargo. To take the 2nd row seats out is a nightmare.

Engine and transmission are in great harmony with lots of power.

Review Date: 24th August, 2009

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE V6 gasoline from North America

Summary:

With the glaring exception of the tires, the car runs fine

We bought a new 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE model with run-flat tires. At the time of purchase, no one at the dealer advised us of the problems Toyota had been experiencing with the Dunlop run-flats. A class action lawsuit had already been settled by Toyota with the owners of all wheel drive Sienna equipped with the notorious Dunlop run-flat tires.

My wife is the primary driver of the van (volleyball mom.) She noticed severe tire wear on the outside rim of the tires at approx. 10k miles. The Walmart tire technicians refused to rotate the tires due to the wear. I took my Toyota back to the dealer who claimed the tires were fine and rotated the tires.

Within two months, the tires had visibly worn badly. I returned to the Toyota dealership only to be told I was a bad owner and hadn't rotated the tires properly. I reminded them they had rotated the tires asking them to check their maintenance records. The Toyota service manager confirmed the facts but insisted the tires were wearing as expected.

Not willing to risk my families safety, I went to Les Schwab Tires and replaced all four tires at a cost of nearly $600.00.

The lack of service, honesty, and integrity of the local Toyota dealer and company as whole convinced me to never purchase another Toyota vehicle.

I've owned Nissans before. Next time, Nissan, and I won't look back.

General Comments:

The car seems solid and well built. The failure of Toyota to step up and take ownership of the issue of the Dunlop run-flat tires is making me tell all my friends to steer clear of Toyota products.

Review Date: 13th December, 2008

2005 Toyota Sienna from North America

Summary:

Nice family car

On fourth set of front brake pads and second set of rotors. My Tundra went close to 50,000 on one set of brakes. I drive both these vehicles and am waiting for techs to say it is the type of driving.

General Comments:

Car is very reliable except for the chronic brake wear.

Review Date: 25th October, 2008

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Limited 3.3 litre from North America

Summary:

Like everyone else. Great van - bad tires

The back-up sensors failed and were replaced under warranty. Nothing else, except...

Run flat tires are the bane of this vehicle. They were bald by 35,000 kilometres.

Toyota replaced them after I complained.

General Comments:

Very comfortable, smooth and quiet. We are a mini-van family. This Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Limited is the perfect vehicle for us. My concern is that Toyota has taken so much flack about these tires on this van that if they cannot find a place for the spare, they will just cancel the AWD option outright. Our goal is to buy our 2005 after the lease ends in May, 2009. By that time the new design for 2010 should be out. We want a new 2011 with the AWD, knowing that even Toyotas have problems in the first year of production. If they cancel the AWD for 2010, I would probably make a deal for a new 2009 with AWD, even with the run flat tires.

TOYOTA - IF YOU ARE LISTENING TO THIS - You have got to be able to solve this one. You have to find a place for the spare. You could make the back seat a tiny bit smaller (if you have to) and put the jack, say, under the front seat, in a drawer like the Previa, then create a place behind the rear right wheel well for the spare (like in the last generation Honda Odyssey). If you make all levels of the new 2010 Sienna have a fitted seat in the middle row like the new Highlander, the back seat can be a touch smaller and you can still boast 8 passenger. Come on - You are the smartest car manufacturer on the planet. You've got to be able to figure this one out. We are all counting on you.

***We want a Toyota mini-van

***We want our AWD.

***We want our fold-into-the-floor seat.

***We want our JBL Synthesis SUB-woofer in the rear left wheel well. ***We want a spare tire.

Review Date: 10th September, 2008

19th Dec 2008, 16:48

I just bought a used 2005 AWD Sienna XLE Limited. Love it! Except that I discovered that it did not have Run Flat Tires and, obviously, no spare. It had 44000 miles and in otherwise good condition. Where can I get a spare?

26th May 2009, 14:25

Does your vehicle runs with Run Flat Tires or regular tires? Please advise. I need to replace the tires in my 2005 Sienna XLE Limited AWD. I am hearing a bad reviews about Run Flat Tires? Please share your experience and thoughts, it will be very helpful.