2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2.7 from North America

Summary:

It is a very dependable, high quality truck

Driver seat has started to wear badly.

General Comments:

Overall, this is an extremely well made truck and is one of the more reliable vehicles I have owned. There have been no major mechanical problems. The 5-speed manual transmission shifts great. The 2.7 liter 4-cylinder engine runs smooth, but is it not the most responsive when attempting to accelerate. Probably the only complaint I have is that the driver seat is a little uncomfortable. Over time the driver seat has lost some support especially in the lumbar area due to what appears to be premature wear of seat foam.

Review Date: 16th December, 2006

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2 door 2.4L DOHC 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Please, when considering a compact truck get a Toyota Tacoma!!!

Freon is leaking out of the A/C compressor, but, I just roll the windows down if I need air. I have taken the truck to the mechanic and they can't find a leak in the compressor or the lines. The mechanic says it could be the evaporator coil in the dash.

General Comments:

The truck is extremely reliable. I am sure if I had the coil fixed it would be great. Other than that, the truck is awesome. Just like everything else Toyota builds, it lasts. The 2.4L 4 cylinder is very powerful for city driving, but if you have 2WD and going up a hill, it takes a little extra effort. If Toyota could put a little more equipment standard (which they are working on and I still commend them) would be a good thing. If Toyota seems expensive Nissan is a good truck to consider.

People I know who own Tacomas have less problems than those people I know who have Mazdas, Nissans, Dodges, Fords and Chevys.

Review Date: 7th August, 2005

7th Dec 2006, 23:06

I don't think this truck has a coil. it has direct ignition.

2000 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner 2.7 liter from North America

Summary:

An unmatched value

Only one thing, a dash light burned out behind the heating control panel. $3 for the bulb, one hour to install.

My factory Firestone A/T began cupping at 55,000 miles, still had descent tread life, however cupping made for an uncomfortable ride. Replaced with Mich. LTX.

General Comments:

Incredible reliability. I change the oil and filter every 5,000 miles with Mobile One Synethic. Never left me stranded. Never let me down.

Performance - 2.7 liter, 4 cylinder. 20 miles per gallon. I would expect either better mileage or more power.

Comfort. - It is a truck, it rides like a truck.

High resale - good luck finding a bargain.

Review Date: 16th March, 2004

2000 Toyota Tacoma LX 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

I believe Toyota usually has a good product

There is a "clunk" when I stop after driving 4or 5 miles. Also seems to clunk when I take my foot off the brake.

General Comments:

I took the truck to the dealer and they seem to think the "clunk" is normal for the transmission. Originally they said it was the design of the springs. concave vs. convex, or vise versa, for that year. I trust the dealer so I am taking his word, but am still leery.

Review Date: 12th June, 2003

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 from North America

Summary:

Best deal out there!

Nothing is wrong with this truck.

It tears the dirt up!

4Runner was awesome, but I flipped it and lived, so I thought I would give the Tacoma a try. I am glad I did!

General Comments:

Great truck.

Plenty of power.

Review Date: 13th May, 2003

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 ext. Cab 2.7 4cyli. from North America

Summary:

Very strong and powerful

Some occasional rattling in the dash, but nothing major other than that.

General Comments:

2.7 liter engine is strong enough to handle anything you can throw at it.

Seats truly suck for long distance trips.

Has no problem getting up to speed quickly.

Review Date: 16th January, 2003

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 GAS EFI from North America

Summary:

A simple yet dependable kind of car

I gave my Bettle to my younger brother.

Never had a major problem on it though.

General Comments:

It wasn't the best car, but very dependable and cheap on maintenance.

Review Date: 24th November, 2002

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 XCAB Prerunner 2.7 from North America

Summary:

Stock, right out of the box, this is the best truck on the market hands down.

My differential gasket started leaking at approx. 30,000.

Also too much fading has occurred in the headlight lens plastic, however hardly any to the rubber trim i.e. around windows.

Bumpers too week for "parking by touch" in a tight situation. The front bumper bends down to easy, the chrome rear bumper dents, with no damage to any other vehicle encountered. (I live in San Francisco).

The seats are a joke, new ones on order at 55,000 miles; not from Toyota this time!

General Comments:

After some after market seats this truck is awesome! Really, I've owned plenty of vehicles and the quality of the working parts is much better than expected; even for a Toyota!

I am very happy with my purchase, which was a dealer demo (highly recommended).

The engine, (2.7) is better than I even need. Acceleration is always there when I need it, and with an exahst its sublime.

Review Date: 30th October, 2002

5th Apr 2005, 19:02

Just curious, from where did you order ythe replacement seats for your Tacoma? Thanks!

25th May 2008, 19:00

Parking by feel? Are you serious... and that's a bad point? Wow.

26th May 2008, 20:33

Imagine if you added some non stock performance upgrades on a new domestic instead of a Toyota... and you could keep the stock seats and have a better ride with the domestics as well.