2000 Toyota Tacoma PRERUNNER 2.7L from North America

Summary:

What good is the truck if you can`t get it fixed when it brakes

The truck shakes badly in the steering wheel.

I have had the truck to the dealer, And they refuse to fix the problem, By saying they can`t find anything wrong.

General Comments:

I like the trucks reliability.

However the dealer service has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Review Date: 20th May, 2002

2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD 3.4 from North America

Summary:

You get what you pay for

Trim pieces fall off. Engine doesn't always start on first crank.

General Comments:

Can't fit 31" tires under the tacoma like you could on the old p/u.

Review Date: 1st May, 2002

30th May 2002, 23:48

I was told 31" tires would fit on a 98 4x4 trd tacoma. The guy I contacted said I would get a better ride. Either me or you spoke with the wrong person.

24th Aug 2002, 00:03

If 31" tires won't fit try letting some air out or try 30" tires.

1st May 2004, 12:49

My toyota tacoma is a 2000 and it doesn't start on the first crank, she is still a champ.

26th Jan 2009, 07:05

I have a 2000 Tacoma xtracab 4WD with a leveling kit installed. What would be the largest wheel/tire combo I can put on it without any more suspension/body lift?

2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner X-Tra Cab V6 from North America

Summary:

Poor workmanship

The dash rattle when the weather is cold. The transmission or drive-shaft making a clunking noise when start, after a stop.

General Comments:

Both problems were brought to the dealer, which claimed nothing wrong with the truck. Please disappointed with the dealer. Definitely not buying another Toyota.

Review Date: 16th April, 2002

28th Jun 2002, 22:53

What did you expect from going from a sports car to a pick-up? They weren't really built for luxury, but rather reliability. I don't know, maybe you just had the misfortune of getting one of the bad apples in the bunch.

24th Aug 2002, 00:09

The dash rattling when it is cold out should not be much of a problem since the cab will warm up anyway.

The clunking noise is the free play in the drive train (transmission gears, splines and differential. Don't worry about that, the drive train will outlast the rest of the truck. I really don't think you have much to complain about, you just expect too much.

2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4 3.4 V6 from North America

Summary:

Best mid-size truck on the planet

Clicking noise when I push the brake, will get it fixed when the second service is required.

General Comments:

Paid 32,000.00 Canadian, should come with power windows and locks as standard, other than that I could not ask for more.

Review Date: 28th May, 2001