2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 V8 from North America

One of the best trucks on the road

Water pump leak at 110000.

Radio issues.

Driver's seat stitching worn.

General Comments:

I have the regular cab 6 1/2 ft. box with the 5.7 V8. Not many of this model on the road.

It's a serious performer. Handles well in all weathers. It's a little slick in the rain as the gas pedal is very touchy.

The dealership and Toyota have been top notch. They fixed the water pump free, even though the warranty was expired. There was evidence of weeping coolant, caught at the dealer oil change. There was a recall to have the frame undercoated, completed by the dealer and it looks good. There is also an extended warranty given for the air pump (10 year/240K), although I have never had an issue.

Gas mileage is an average of about 14L/100kms. On par for a full size truck. Runs well on regular 87 octane.

I have put 40K since I purchased it. I've been very happy with my Tundra so far.

The paint quality is poor; shows scratches very easily (red). Probably the most disappointing part of this truck.

This is a great truck; it feels very solid on the road. I highly recommend truck buyers to check it out. Made in Texas, and the fit and finish is excellent.

Review Date: 17th June, 2013

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L V8 from North America

Very happy

Headlight burnt out and one small rattle that was corrected under warranty. Other than that, nothing.

General Comments:

I drive for a living. About 75% of the time I'm hauling a 6900 pound construction trailer with me. My last truck was a 2003 Silverado that I put nearly 450,000 km on, but it took three transmissions to get there so I thought I'd try something different.

This Tundra has been fantastic so far. I admit that I am hard on vehicles (frequent heavy towing and lots of dirty, rough construction sites) but I need them to be capable of what I can dish out - my living depends on it. I bought the Tundra in January of 2008 and I've put nearly 180,000 km on it so far. I did the brakes (front only) for the first time at 130,000 km and have changed the tires around the same time. Just regular maintenance other than that. I think that's great considering the towing I do.

Mileage is about 16.5 L/100km when towing and about 14 L/100km when not - about on par what I got with my Silverado but the Tundra has way more power and and tows with a lot more confidence.

It's extremely comfortable on long trips (10 hours +) and the Navigation on my Limited is cool.

I would say that the radio is a bit of a reach (thank God mine has steering wheel controls - I don't think base models do) and they could improve the "warmth" of the interior - it's a little bland.

I recommend this vehicle to everyone I talk to. My friends all drive trucks and were a bit surprised that I bought a Toyota. They are equally impressed as I am at the durability and two have since also traded up to Tundras.

Review Date: 25th June, 2009

18th Sep 2009, 20:21

19th Sep 2009, 17:39

"Just wait til you start getting the brake, front suspension and transmission recall notices."

Oh boy, here we go. Another domestic fan getting angry because somebody bought a Toyota and likes it. You know if your Chevy or Ford or Dodge or whatever kind of domestic crap it is you're driving is better than this guys Tundra, then why would you even bother posting a comment like that on this thread? If your domestic really was so good, then you shouldn't even care that this guy bought a Tundra.