2007 Toyota Yaris Reviews - Page 3 of 8

2007 Toyota Yaris 1.5 liter gasoline from North America

First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 1.5 liter gasoline Automatic
Previous carToyota Yaris

Summary:

Best designed automobile on the market

I have driven my first Yaris 13,000 miles.

Only problem is some rust in the muffler.

I bought a second 2007 Yaris used.

General Comments:

I love how the 3 door Yaris lift-back designers moved the speedometer to the center of the dash, and sloped down the front of the dash behind the steering wheel. I was able to mount my aftermarket navigation system right behind the steering wheel.

Love the 4 storage places in the dash. Plus there are 2 fold out cup holders in the dash.

The roof is high enough that I have not bumped my head on the door frame getting in the Yaris. I am 5 foot 8.5 inches tall.

Review Date: 21st June, 2009

2007 Toyota Yaris LE from North America

Year of manufacture2007

Summary:

Overall it's a great economy car, handles nicely, but is fairly slow

Nothing, haven't had a single problem with the car since it was leased.

General Comments:

Reasonably comfortable seats, very responsive steering, can fit a bike over the rear seat without removing either tires (surprising for how small the car is), tons of cup holders, no aux. (mp3) jack unfortunately.

VERY good on gas. This car will go forever on a single tank (which is also dirt cheap to fill at the pumps).

Handles very well, turns nice and tight. My only complaints are that the car is slow as balls (well it's an economy car so what do you expect really). It's slightly faster than an Aveo5, but not exciting, although the handling does make up for it.

The second problem is that I'm 6'1 and have large feet; the gas pedal is very close to the inner console and my foot would constantly rub against the plastic.

Review Date: 11th March, 2009

2007 Toyota Yaris 2 door hatchback 1.7 gas from North America

Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 1.7 gas Automatic
Previous carToyota Tercel

Summary:

A tremendous, reliable, economical, and safe investment

I have been very lucky, I guess, because nothing has gone wrong with my little beast.

General Comments:

The four speed automatic shifts as smooth as silk, and when I need to pass on the interstate, it accelerates so rapidly, it is really, really a big surprise.

I have 16 inch wide tires on it, and it handles like a sports car. I can maneuver around curves and turns with ease, and have no problems accelerating up any hills.

It is very roomy inside, with front and rear seats about 6 inches off the floor, and that is the bottom of the seats.

The inside is like a van, as you sit up high in the seats. I have a friend who is 6' 3" and he can sit and drive the car comfortably, and is considering getting one. I highly recommend this vehicle.

I get easily, even with constant acceleration and the air conditioner on, 33 MPG, and if I drive more sensibly, I get 38 MPG... this with an automatic... Yet, so small, you can park it any place. Turning radius is very tight.

Review Date: 6th March, 2009

2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door Hatchback 1.5 liter from North America

Engine and transmission 1.5 liter Manual
Previous carBuick Regal

Summary:

A good reliable, economical, and inexpensive to maintain vehicle

The power outlet (for charging cellphone) fuse blew. My fault. Nothing else.

General Comments:

Now the best car I ever owned.

I'm not crazy on the front end look, but love the rest of the exterior look.

Inside feels big, and I really like the dash. The dash has three glove boxes and two cup holders that actually work. The cup holders are in the way of the two air vents on each outer side, but the center vents are unobstructed.

Driving is easy and comfortable for a car in this class. Wind and tire noise are more than I like, but it's not a mid size family car.

Economy is great. I get 36 mpg + city, and 40 mpg + when driving 65 or below. Driving faster does cut the gas mileage quite a bit. The best mileage I got was mountain driving at speeds below 55. The tank holds 11.5 gallons. I have got 380 to 450 miles on a tank, depending on driving conditions.

Maintenance is more than affordable. The car lets you know when it's due for service.

I have always bought used American cars. When I saw the Yaris in the paper for 11K, I had to check it out.

It is a basic model with air, but bought it anyway. Glad I did and would again.

Review Date: 19th January, 2009