2002 Vauxhall Corsa Elegance 1.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Not worth the money

The car has a leak on it and Vauxhall cannot fix it. New carpet due to leak in the car. A pipe in the engine keeps coming off.

Lights on the front are crap spent 30 on lights, still crap.

General Comments:

Don't like it to slow no power.

Review Date: 8th November, 2003

2002 Vauxhall Corsa life 1.0 eco tech from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Bargain

Side skirt falling off when changing the tyer, drivers door handle had to be replaced.

General Comments:

The car is very sporty looking and looks like a SXI version, although the 1,0 is slow on the up take the 3 cylinder sounds great we used it on the motorway a lot and it doesn't struggle at all. the car grips well through the bends and is a joy on the country lines. the interior is stylish with the blue seat which hold you well.

Very impressed with the car.

The car came with a lot of kit of £8.500 like c. d player, alloys, remote central locking, air con,

Review Date: 29th October, 2003

2002 Vauxhall Corsa SRi 1.4 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Mutton dressed up as lamb

It is a 3 door model, but the driver's seat has never folded forward properly. Indeed, it has been firmly stuck for the last 4 months (it's only 8 months old) and has - to date - spent 3 days in the garage having this fault fixed. But to no avail - it always returns to its immovable state within a couple of hours.

The metal pedal covers fell off after the first week and the car had to go into the garage for two days because the glue takes a long time to stick!

The driver's electric window was misaligned and would not close - after three garage stops this appears to have been fixed (well it hasn't gone up and down on its own for a week)

The wing mirror demist did not work - this has now been fixed (apparently the fuse blew).

One of the speakers rattles - this problem remains despite the fact that the speaker has apparently been changed.

ABS breaks were fitted as an optional extra; on such a light car this was probably unwise since all 3 insured drivers have experienced driving problems in bad weather (NB our other, much heavier, household car also has ABS and no such problems have been encountered).

The front offside wheel has started to squeal - 14,000 miles.

It's taking longer to start and is not performing as well as it did on purchase - at 14,000 miles I think it needs servicing (6,000 off its target)

General Comments:

The car is responsive and generally handles well.

The niggling faults and drop in performance are a real problem.

Review Date: 23rd August, 2003

25th Jul 2010, 18:13

You can't wait so long between services. I service mine every 8k.

2002 Vauxhall Corsa SXi 1.2L 16v 75 bhp from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A little Gem

Nothing.

General Comments:

Great little car around town and not so bad at 70 mph will be done at 3500 rpm. but you have to put you're foot right to the floor. I went in to 5th at 50 mph and kept my right planted to the floor till I got to 70 mph. it was great :). it made me smile.

Theres me with my foot planted to the floor and a mondeo overtakes me with ease.

Oh well I love this little car. I like the dash and the 6 speakers too.

I don't really thrash it that hard. I won't go higher than 4500 rpm. I'm off to London soon so i'll see whats it's like then. if I go on the motorway my foot stays to the floor unless I'm changing gear. :)

Great little car.

Review Date: 19th August, 2003

2002 Vauxhall Corsa SXi 1.2 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

An affordable sporty hot hatch

Had mud flaps fitted incorrectly, not flush with the back bumper, which were rectified by dealer.

Power steering fault, seems to have got better over time.

General Comments:

This is a fantastic car with a quick engine. It will easily keep up with 1.4, Clio's/ Saxo's/ Fiesta's.

It handles well and has a small amount of body roll. but has to be flogged to see higher speeds, but revs freely and likes being thrashed.

The CD player is a little under powered for 6x9 speakers, but, but is satisfactory.

It is a well built car, with a stocky, sporty stance, and a sporty interior with the aluminum.

I think that it needs better looking alloys.

Review Date: 28th July, 2003