2002 Vauxhall Corsa Reviews

2002 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 from UK and Ireland

First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2011

Summary:

Best car in the world :)

General Comments:

This car is one of the most popular in the world, and you can understand why when Vauxhall built the new facelift Corsa, they didn't mess about with the old crap; they built the best.

Very comfortable to ride in on long distance journeys. I have been to Aberdaron in Wales, and Blackpool this year in mine, and shall definitely be heading off somewhere again next year.

Very roomy inside for a little car, and very powerful for the size of the engine. I would not trade it if someone offered me 1 million pounds for it. I love it to bits!!!

Review Date: 20th September, 2011

2002 Vauxhall Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.7 DTI turbo diesel Manual

Summary:

This is an awesome car, and I will probably never sell it

Gear linkage went, but was replaced under warranty.

Gear gator is now starting to show signs of wear.

General Comments:

Driving position is excellent.

Engine pulls very hard around 2000rpm.

When the turbo cuts in, it pushes you back in the seat.

Handling is great.

I have done all the miles on this car since new.

Fuel economy improves with age 57mpg.

Costa about £53 to fill up on £1.30/ ltr.

Tax is £115 per year.

Insurance fully comp for 2 people £400.

Service around £200.

Tyres do about 45000 per set.

Will do about 100mph in comfort.

Brakes are good.

Review Date: 17th July, 2008

2002 Vauxhall Corsa SXi 1.2 from UK and Ireland

Most recent distance42000 miles
Previous carVolvo 360

There have been a few problems such as the rattling, and also a more serious problem; the oil warning light didn't show when the oil needed topping up, which really worried me, so I won't leave it to the car to let me know as I did before, resulting in my engine nearly being on the point of seizing up!!

Plus I only just bought the car, and have just passed my test, and don't know much about car maintenance, but I'm learning fast!

Apart from that, there haven't been any faults.

General Comments:

My Vauxhall Corsa can take the corners as if stuck to the road with super-glue! Though I'm a new driver aged 40, I trust this little car implicitly; she really drives well and looks good too. Hopefully this lasts as I can't afford any repairs right now so fingers crossed.

Review Date: 21st September, 2007

6th Oct 2007, 12:16

The red oil light that comes on does not actually inform you that the engine is low on oil, it means that there isn't enough oil pressure. If the light comes on while driving, the damage has usually already been done. Check the oil regularly to avoid this!

2002 Vauxhall Corsa Club 1.2 from UK and Ireland

Previous carAudi A3

Summary:

Not great at the moment!!

I have been very disappointed with my Corsa C; the moment I bought the car, it had an intermittent starting problem. It would be worse first thing in morning; basically I would try and open doors with key fob, and if the lights on the dashboard came on, then the car would start, but often the lights would not come on and the car would not start.

Sometimes as well (more worryingly), whilst driving all power would be lost to dashboard display, and the speedometer etc would not work, although the car would still drive. I went to Vauxhall who charged me £50 for diagnostic check, only to say that nothing was wrong with the vehicle!!! (very unhappy) and still have car, which is apparently OK?

General Comments:

Has anyone else had a similar problem, and maybe knows what is the fault here? (I would be very grateful)

Review Date: 29th July, 2007

17th Aug 2007, 06:06

Having similar problems with my Corsa. The electrics seem tempermental. Yesterday, for the first time, I sat in and turned over the ignition without it firing. The dash display was blank, but the indicators and other electrics worked. Came back to the car an hour later and it started first time!? Took it to the garage today and they can't find a fault; have stung me for £250 to replace doggy wheel bearings that have been making a low hum since the service two weeks ago. It's only done 42000 miles and cost me a bundle to replace a cambelt and assorted other things. I'm going to offload it as soon as possible.

22nd Aug 2009, 08:40

There is a well known fault on this model of Corsa relating to the multiplug that connects to the rear of the dash, as the dash forms part of the immobiliser system; any bad connection here will cause these problems.

Remove the dash and put a 2mm thick packing piece cut to the same shape behind the multiplug to make a better connection.