1985 Buick LeSabre Limited Collector's Edition Olds 307 5.0 V8 from North America

This is the best car I have ever owned

Replaced the radiator at 90,000 miles because the original owner was an idiot and never flushed the cooling system.

Replaced the muffler at 95,000 miles with a Flowmaster because the old one had a softball-size hole in it. Replaced the factory cat with a high-flow cat at the same time.

Replaced the rear drums at 100,000 miles because the original owner never replaced the brake shoes or anything else on the brake system.

Recently the driver's power window switch went out. AutoZone-$40, no big deal. Easy to replace.

Cruise control works when it wants, but who cares?

General Comments:

Air conditioning still cold and strong! (If you live in or visited AZ you would understand)

Vehicle runs great, very strong and always dependable (rumbles nice with the Flowmaster).

I haven't replaced the battery once.

Electrical system is holding up well. (I've heard the rumors about GM wiring)

There are no rips in the interior or headliner. The seats are so comfy it's like driving while sitting in a LazyBoy. (Seriously!)

I will never sell this wonderful machine. I've been offered $6,000 more than once.

She's getting restored to like new.

A good friend gave me heavy-duty Audi floormats and they fit.

Soon I will be getting a inbuilt power sunroof installed to enjoy the perfect winters here in AZ.

Review Date: 14th September, 2005

1985 Buick LeSabre 307 from North America

A really nice cruiser car

At only 52,000 miles the exhaust was pretty much rusted out.

Brake pads needed to be replaced.

General Comments:

I purchased this car a few months ago off a older gentleman that drives a semi-truck for a living. Car is in great shape only a few little dings and some paint chipping.

The car handles excellent.

However there could be a little more power in the engine. I plan on doing a few modifications to the engine to give me the desired power I would like.

Seats are very comfortable.

There is enough leg room to fit me (6'5").

Review Date: 23rd May, 2005

1985 Buick LeSabre Limited Collector's Edition 5l 307 V8 from North America

An awesome car worth restoring and keeping forever

The only thing I have had to replace is the radiator at 88,000 miles.

I replaced the belts and hoses as well.

Oh, and light bulbs!

General Comments:

I can't praise this "Pimp Mobile" enough. I am amazed how well everything is holding up. The paint has some small worn spots on the trunk and hood, but with regular wax she shines right up. All the chrome and trim pieces are still intact. The interior barely has any wear to it at all. There is only a 1" rip in the headliner above the passenger seat. I installed a Pioneer P7300 in-dash DVD system with a P8000 head unit and two amplifiers (A 300W 4-channel and a 760W 2-channel) It's like being in a mobile lounge with those overstuffed seats! She also has an Excalibur alarm. No more fumbling for door keys! I just got a Flow Master exhaust put on! Wow, what a rumble!

Review Date: 3rd February, 2005

4th Feb 2005, 06:42

A 10/10 in performance? Is this a joke?

23rd Jul 2005, 02:55

My grandfather has one of these that he bought new... nice car. He traded it in in 92 for a Mercury though. His was a collector's edition as were all 85 LeSabres. It was the last year of the big rear wheel drive cars. In 86 they became downsized and front wheel drive.

1985 Buick LeSabre Estate Wagon 5.0L from North America

Big and awesome

So far, nothing at all has gone wrong with the car.

General Comments:

I purchased the nineteen-year-old car for $100, then proceeded to drive it from Massachusetts to California with no trouble at all.

Extremely comfortable, although the seats do not recline.

I have never once had to take it in to a garage for anything more than an oil change, and I drive a considerable amount.

Super easy to drive, but there is one problem: it is a BIG car. You have to take care when pulling in and out of parking spaces and such.

Still, it's excellent.